Celtic V St Johnstone - Sunday - 18.02.2018

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Tommy wright is on one season to many at the saints time for a shake up.

I don't really think St. Johnstone's problems are down to Wright's coaching, i just look at their squad and see a bunch of guys that have been around for a while that may be getting past their sell by date at this level.  

I think we'll go for a physical line up which is hard to beat. We'll keep things tight early on and try and steal a goal from a set piece. 

Mannus 

Comrie - Gordon - Kerr - Easton

Williams - Millar - Davidson - Craig 

Kane - MacLean 

Would do me. Gordon and Kerr partnership deserves a chance considering the form of Shaughnessy/Anderson, and play Williams against Tierney to see what he's made of. 

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Have we scored from a set peice all season?

Not sure, maybe we don't have enough players who want it enough

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

Have we scored from a set peice all season?

Our very first competitive goal was from a set piece 8).

Unless we're counting penalties or the Chris Kane's goal from Joe's long throw, then nope. Couple that with the number of goals we've conceded from said set pieces, that's yet another issue which has to be rectified.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I don't really think St. Johnstone's problems are down to Wright's coaching, i just look at their squad and see a bunch of guys that have been around for a while that may be getting past their sell by date at this level.  

Maybe a victim of his own success plus killie and motherwell having a good season.

Archived