Celtic V St Johnstone - Sunday - 18.02.2018

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Celtic to be ridden red raw in Europe, confidence gone, Saints win 2-0 to see their season finally kick in and the road to the Europa league begin.

Or something like that.

^^^ this c**t kens.

f**k all. We're getting pumped.

47 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Distinct air of pessimism here from St Johnstone fans im getting.

Have they SEEN our defence lately...??

Both teams to score surely the bet, 2-1 Celtic im going for.

Have you SEEN our attack lately?? 

This is, funnily enough, probably the best game for us. We get to utter shitfest with absolutely no expectations. 

What do Saints want to take out of this game? 

• Minutes into George Williams and if we are lucky Brian Easton. I don't think Tanser is as bad as can be made out in some quarters and he's done better than I expected but you wouldn't be taking him into the Zap Zone with you.
  • Some semblance of organisation and defensive capability, as displayed at the same venue in August. Anderson and Shaughnessy were very good that day.
  • A goal? We're getting into that habit of not scoring again after looking over it. Back to 539 minutes without a goal from open play against Premiership opposition. We're 81 minutes away from going past the mark set in the autumn. Could do without that added pressure heading into the County game.

Tommy Wright will need to come up with something new as Rodgers sussed the plan of using two full-backs on the right in November, with Sinclair dragging Comrie in the field and leaving space for midfielder runners. That's how they won the corner they opened the scoring from with Armstrong getting in behind. Does he give 3-5-2 another chance? But if it's a disaster, does he have to change it for the County game? He's then left with a quandary about who to play against the Staggies. Does he bring Gordon in this Sunday or stick with old faithful? Where does Williams fit into a 3-5-2?

Lot of questions for the manager and he hasn't come up with many answers in the past couple of games.

Looking at the way the season is panning out, I believe 38 points will see us safe, so 4 wins. Somehow conjuring one up this weekend would do us the world of good on so many levels. I won't hold my breath though.

42 minutes ago, Radford said:

What do Saints want to take out of this game? 

• Minutes into George Williams and if we are lucky Brian Easton. I don't think Tanser is as bad as can be made out in some quarters and he's done better than I expected but you wouldn't be taking him into the Zap Zone with you.
  • Some semblance of organisation and defensive capability, as displayed at the same venue in August. Anderson and Shaughnessy were very good that day.
  • A goal? We're getting into that habit of not scoring again after looking over it. Back to 539 minutes without a goal from open play against Premiership opposition. We're 81 minutes away from going past the mark set in the autumn. Could do without that added pressure heading into the County game.

Tommy Wright will need to come up with something new as Rodgers sussed the plan of using two full-backs on the right in November, with Sinclair dragging Comrie in the field and leaving space for midfielder runners. That's how they won the corner they opened the scoring from with Armstrong getting in behind. Does he give 3-5-2 another chance? But if it's a disaster, does he have to change it for the County game? He's then left with a quandary about who to play against the Staggies. Does he bring Gordon in this Sunday or stick with old faithful? Where does Williams fit into a 3-5-2?

Lot of questions for the manager and he hasn't come up with many answers in the past couple of games.

Looking at the way the season is panning out, I believe 38 points will see us safe, so 4 wins. Somehow conjuring one up this weekend would do us the world of good on so many levels. I won't hold my breath though.

Funny you mention four wins, was speaking to a Saints fan today who reckoned the two games against County, and two games against Hamilton will decide where we end up. 

Archived