Rewriting history

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'll happily be your counter here. Some of the methods Stephen Kenny tried to apply in 2007 was his attempt to modernise the club and was not well received by much of the playing squad and as such that management team and the club did not click at time. You would be hard pushed to argue with his management record in the League of Ireland particularly at Derry and Dundalk and his European record has been fantastic. It does leave you you wondering what could have been possible with a group of players who would buy into his methods.

He also failed at probably the largest club in Ireland, I get the feeling he's not actually all that well suited to managing larger clubs. I heard stories about his training and its no wonder the players didn't but into it. 

During our last premier league season, as it went on Pat Clarke seemed to grow in ability with every week he didn't play.  

I remember thinking why did we sign Craig Brewster until about five minutes into the first game I watched him.
Of course I have to bring up half of the dunfermline forum saying they had always backed sol bamba woods and others why they didn't.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm sure we've all s...........e simply at it.

Didn't want to quote your whole post but I completely agree.  Only difference with my club is that we tend to just say everyone is shit.  I can't really think of an example where Kilmarnock fans were claiming X Player to be better than he probably was.

In a similar vein its always great when a player is freed from a club, moves to another club and gets off to a good start and everyone thinks the old club has made a major blunder only for the player to revert to type after the initial honeymoon period.  We have suffered from this at Kilmarnock, most recently with Dom Thomas.

Didn't want to quote your whole post but I completely agree.  Only difference with my club is that we tend to just say everyone is shit.  I can't really think of an example where Kilmarnock fans were claiming X Player to be better than he probably was.
In a similar vein its always great when a player is freed from a club, moves to another club and gets off to a good start and everyone thinks the old club has made a major blunder only for the player to revert to type after the initial honeymoon period.  We have suffered from this at Kilmarnock, most recently with Dom Thomas.
Following Berwick's defeat of Rangers in 1967 we engaged the services of goalscorer Sammy Reid (knees shot to pieces) and Manager Ian Spence.

Remarkably, they failed to bring even a grain of magic between them and to this day I've made it my business never to speak to anyone from Berwick.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Michael Gardyne did hee haw for us. He went on to have a decent career imo.

That's a good one actually. There's no denying Gardyne was shite in all of his appearances for Morton and no one was sorry to see him go, but there is some difference of opinion on the reason.

A lot of people have it that he just had a shite attitude coming straight out of an OF youth set up and needed the rejection from a lower level to get his act together, a story we've all seen before, while I'm more inclined to believe he had no chance to be good because it was the textbook example of Jim McInally's recruitment. He signed a guy having no idea what his strengths were or what position he wanted to use him in then threw him into about six different positions throughout his time at the club, usually in 10 minute sub appearances when games were already lost, giving him no chance to make an impact.

None of that changes the reality that Gardyne was terrible for us and no one could or did question him being released on those performances, but for me it was more due to Jim McInally being an appalling manager more than anything else.

50 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Tam McManus was brilliant at this. Playing for a contract.

Arren Mooy is the obvious one, although he did score that goal against the ****. Spent most of his time injured or warming up. There clearly was a player there though. 

Kirk Broadfoot is the one I don't get. When he went to the scum I thought he was decent at best ( and frequently not)  but fans go on about him as if he was Beckenbaur. 

Gus McPherson seems to have become a tactical genius since leaving the club, instead of a moaning wee baldy b*****d set out his team ultra negative, most famously refusing to let the team push forward in a cup final against a nine man **** 

Imrie, Carey, Harkins all went on to have great to reasonable careers after leaving St Mirren.  You could see all three were players.  Imrie is a moaning wee shite, Harkins is lazy and Carey is real talent that at times could over play things.  Carey won most fans round, but there's still some go on about him. 

2 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Dunfermline 'fans' trying to have you believe they rallied round and dug deep in the time of need when in reality stiffed local creditors and still refuse to raise funds to pay them what they are due.

I personally laughed myself hoarse when I heard of all the local businesses that were sacrificed to save the mighty D-A-F-C.

4 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Dunfermline 'fans' trying to have you believe they rallied round and dug deep in the time of need when in reality stiffed local creditors and still refuse to raise funds to pay them what they are due.

I literally stole from them all as well to help pay the club's debts

6 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Businesses WANTED to get stiffed for the good of Community Club Dunfermline Athletic, we are an absolutely massive club.

7 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Sometimes I sneak round local businesses and just steal from them. 

No reason, just pleasure. 

On 14/02/2018 at 20:48, Insaintee said:

Imrie, Carey, Harkins all went on to have great to reasonable careers after leaving St Mirren.  You could see all three were players.  Imrie is a moaning wee shite, Harkins is lazy and Carey is real talent that at times could over play things.  Carey won most fans round, but there's still some go on about him. 

Carey is probably more based on the first loan spell with us when he was phenomenal. 

When he joined up full time he was woefully out of shape and just couldn't hit the ground running. 

Archived