• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Antlion

Head of the Commonwealth

Liz Windsor’s piss must be boiling this morning. Representatives of 52 countries are meeting today in London, and likely to discuss her successor as Head of the Commonwealth:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/13/commonwealth-group-meeting-queens-successor-bbc

Naturally Liz has been campaigning hard to get her son the job, due to his having magic blood that qualifies him (in the same way that many retiring surgeons send their first-born sons to perform surgery to try and win them a job at the hospital). However, the role is not hereditary, despite what people often (are encouraged to) think.

Who should lead the Commonwealth? Once Liz shuffled off this mortal coil, it seems to me to make sense for its ceremonial head to be drawn from each country for a period (say five years), to further erode the imperialist overtones of the organisation.

I’d offer to do it but I assume there’s a lot of travelling involved and I don’t really like flying.

The role is not hereditary but you just know that Charles will be appointed.

The arch-monarchist BBC's spin of 'secret' succession planning and the allusion to something underhand taking place to do oor Charles out a gig doesn't help. 

needs to be someone who knows the institution inside out but maybe has free time on their hands now. Someone with a history of leadership.

Robert Mugabe seems the natural choice.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d offer to do it but I assume there’s a lot of travelling involved and I don’t really like flying.

You could go by ocean liner.

We are hosting the Commonwealth Games so it makes sense that a Brummie should be running the Commonwealth. I'm happy to do it if Bob Carolgees is unavailable.

The Guardian headline tomorrow,

Tony Blair believes that Tony Blair is the best man for the job

6 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The Guardian headline tomorrow,

Tony Blair believes that Tony Cherie Blair is the best man for the job

It should surely be someone who isn't British.  What country is Kofi annan from and are they in the commonwealth?  Or one of the many dictators the UK has courted, aided, armed (including with chemical weapons) and supported.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Give the brown folk a shot at it.

David Dickinson?

Got a sneaking feeling that Big Liz might secretly harbour a wish for the member states to pass Charlie over, despite her campaigning ‘ If she really thought he’d cut it, in a position of diplomatic influence and responsibility she would have given him a shot at the main gig by now and enjoyed her retirement?

Got a sneaking feeling that Big Liz might secretly harbour a wish for the member states to pass Charlie over, despite her campaigning ‘ If she really thought he’d cut it, in a position of diplomatic influence and responsibility she would have given him a shot at the main gig by now and enjoyed her retirement?

Abdication is only for the real legends, like Charles V the Habsburg top boi.

The Commonwealth will fall apart without Liz organising everything, Charlie would struggle just sorting out the venue hire and catering, never mind getting everyone picked up at the airport.

Edited by welshbairn

Big Liz lol.  So craven.  I bet you'd lay your jacket over a puddle for her.

Gawd love her, she’s some gal though eh! If her old ma is anything to go by she’s got at least another 10 years at the top in here!
Her Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 2022 should be something special. I do love a right Royal street party with all the bunting, Union Jack paper hats and napkins, etc....the full works!! It brings the community a real sense of togetherness don’t you think Pep?
I for one just cannae wait.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Gawd love her, she’s some gal though eh! If her old ma is anything to go by she’s got at least another 10 years at the top in here!
Her Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 2022 should be something special. I do love a right Royal street party with all the bunting, Union Jack paper hats and napkins, etc....the full works!! It brings the community a real sense of togetherness don’t you think Pep?

Lol.  You're probably serious too.  A grown man lol.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Hopefully she's deed by then...and the Monarchy