The Absolute Game fanzine - FREE TO A GOOD HOME

Payaso de Mierda

Hello, as I'm soon to be moving house, I've been instructed to downsize my memorabilia archive.... As a result I have approximately 45 copies of the wonderful 80s & 90s general Scottish football fanzine "The Absolute Game" which I would like to give away to a good home.... Anyone who is interested, please send me a message... I'd hate these to go to recycling...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much to the OP - I'm the proud owner of a lovely collection of TAGs  :D

Not sure if they're available as digital copies anywhere but, if not, I'd quite like to scan them at some point and put them up for other folk to read. Christ knows when I'll find the time, though. I'll drop a line back in this thread when I get around to it.

• 2 years later...

It took two years, but here's the first issue:

https://imgur.com/a/UnNKKfV

I've never scanned magazines like this before, so I've no idea if this is acceptable quality or not, but my scanner is on it's last legs and I've done quite well getting this much out of it. Happy to have another go if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve. I'll get around to Issue 2 when I can (hopefully before 2022).

7 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've never scanned magazines like this before, so I've no idea if this is acceptable quality or not, but my scanner is on it's last legs and I've done quite well getting this much out of it. Happy to have another go if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve. I'll get around to Issue 2 when I can (hopefully before 2022).

Cheers for that, quality is decent. I think I've got them all from Issue 4.

Issue 2 is up here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/jls1nfd

Might take a while to do any more - there's other things I should be doing, but the scanner was behaving itself today, so I thought I'd make the most of it.

If anyone's interested, @Payaso de Mierda sent me all 60 issues with the exception of Issue 53, so eventually I could get almost the entire run scanned. Judging by the posts above, Issue 3 would be the next choice, but if anyone wants me to jump ahead to a particular issue, let me know.

On 05/04/2020 at 01:34, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Well done! :thumsup2

21 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Haud the bus, there are issues after issue 56? I always thought that one was a one off return.

Aye, Issue 60 was dated Autumn 2002 and, according to this old WSC article, the last issue. Really impressive to see it graduate from a hand-stapled pamphlet with handwritten corrections, to a professional-looking magazine.

I take it I should aim to scan issues 57-60 once I'm done with Issue 3?  :P

33 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, Issue 60 was dated Autumn 2002 and, according to this old WSC article, the last issue. Really impressive to see it graduate from a hand-stapled pamphlet with handwritten corrections, to a professional-looking magazine.

I take it I should aim to scan issues 57-60 once I'm done with Issue 3?  :P

Do 'em in order mate.

Anything else would upset my rhythm and ruin my health.