Hibernian vs Aberdeen

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like Aberdeen just have our number this season. The first game at ER was pretty close but Aberdeen shut down our attack pretty easily. We had plenty of possession but Aberdeen defended very well. We got absolutely papped up there though, that was by far our worst performance of the season. 

Im not too confident to be honest. Play like we did against the **** and we’ll have a chance. Should be close to a sell out and maybe Scotty Allan with the new look attack can break Aberdeen down. 

Ball in for the suspended Shinnie will be our only change, I'd imagine. Shinnie, despite not always being at his best since the break, will be a big miss, especially against McGinn and McGeouch. Alas, I can't foresee us keeping a clean sheet without a big slice of luck; we currently look significantly more impressive going forward than we do defensively. Hopefully May will be back in the squad and will get some minutes before the Celtic game, as I would ideally have him available to start that one. 

The only prediction I feel semi-confident making is that both teams will score, so lump your money on 0-0. 

Looking like it’ll be a good crowd at this. We’ve got to be a whole lot better than we were at Aberdeen. GMS up against Ambrose or even a returning Whittaker would most definitely end in a pumping for us. Aberdeen are probably the best side I’ve seen us play this season. 

Archived