Ayr vs East Fife

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a good win at home to start us moving again. We need to keep tabs on Raith as we cannot afford to lose further ground. I’m hoping we can break the 100 goal barrier, going to go for a 4-1 home win as we cannot keep a clean sheet.

Raith have got a tricky away game to Albion Rovers so their is a chance they might drop points there.

Would expect Geggan, Boyle and Docherty to be in the team, don't know where Bell plays now with Doc possibly back.

Need a convincing home win so i'm going 5-0.

How good have East Fife been recently?, might retract that prediction if they've been on a good run recently.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Raith have got a tricky away game to Albion Rovers so their is a chance they might drop points there.

Would expect Geggan, Boyle and Docherty to be in the team, don't know where Bell plays now with Doc possibly back.

How good have East Fife been recently?, might retract that prediction if they've been on a good run recently.

I would fully expect Bell to start with Adams either dropping to defence or the bench. If all fit who should be, I’d go with:

Ruddy

Geggan Rose Reid/Adams Boyle

McDaid Bell Docherty Forrest

Moore/Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hart, Fergusson Reid/Adams, Faulds, McGuffie, Murphy, Moore/Moffat

Bit more faith in our backline if Geggan and Adams start there, maybe even Bell. 3-0 Ayr Shankland x2 and Forrest.

I’d happily take a 2-0 win here. I feel we could do with trying to get a clean sheet rather than putting 5 or 6 past them and losing a cheap goal.

I’d go with;

Ruddy

Geggan
Reid
Adams
Boyle

McDaid
Bell
Doc (if fit)
Forrest

Moffat
Shankland

Last 12 games have been won 2, drawn 3 and lost 7.  The last 3 home games have been against a mid table Highland League side and against the bottom 2 in our league. We have lost them all with only a penalty scored and hardly a shot at goal. 

Ayr win.   

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

5-0???

Don't be silly.

Be at least 6.

#TaxiForYoung

This is a must win game if we have any aspirations of winning the league. We simply can’t afford to fall any further behind Raith. Our home form is embarrasing for a title chasing team and we need to turn that round. 

East Fife actually looked a really decent side in the first half at Bayview with the boy with the long hair (Lamont?) running the show however 2nd half they fell apart/we upped our game.

EF are probably the most inconsistent team in the league. An impressive win down in Stranraer sandwiched between defeats to Forfar and Queens Park, also lost to Brora and beat Alloa not too long ago. 

I’ll wait to the match preview is out on Friday before posting my Starting 11 but really hoping we can get a win, a clean sheet would be a bonus. I checked our previous results and we haven’t kept a clean sheet since the 3-0 victory over Raith on 14th November. 

Archived