Arbroath v Alloa

I will give you Mccord but the rest are a choice ..we had no choice..

Still in many’s eyes a weaker team than we can put out.

Said it on this thread a couple of hours ago. We’ve not been changing it cause we’ve been winning.

Regardless don’t think it’s fair to say we’re brutal off the back of 1 performance. It was shite all round today from everyone.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Still in many’s eyes a weaker team than we can put out.

Said it on this thread a couple of hours ago. We’ve not been changing it cause we’ve been winning.

Regardless don’t think it’s fair to say we’re brutal off the back of 1 performance. It was shite all round today from everyone.

yep, the players you mentioned were off today , smith i thought was coming on to  a game , then went off his game (see what i did there ? ).poor from both sides Alloa got to be the happier of the two all things considered, was nice to be back at gayfield again even if the game was shite , your pie stall is very reasonable and good amenities.. :thumsup2

yep, the players you mentioned were off today , smith i thought was coming on to  a game , then went off his game (see what i did there ? ).poor from both sides Alloa got to be the happier of the two all things considered, was nice to be back at gayfield again even if the game was shite , your pie stall is very reasonable and good amenities.. :thumsup2

I watch a lot of the lower league highlights and really like what I’d seen of Smith from earlier on this season at Dunfermline but not in the game at all, same with Kirkpatrick and all Crossan done was kick Ricky Little. Punt punt punt throw in long throw and back to punting it summed up the 90 minutes today. Pitch didn’t look the best and there was a bit of wind but just so shite. Maybe both teams were too worried about losing I’m not sure.

Had a steak pie for the first time in forever today, also a fan. [emoji1360][emoji6]

said to my mate at half time if we make subs it will be omar & goldy will be the first 2 so basically we swap like for like with linn & denholm when it was obvious that the change should of been upfront mackenna offers nothing up top far to weak to handle a big centre half as for wallace jury is still out for me. also what does macintosh have to do never mind to start but come of the bench[emoji35]

Awful game. Soon as I seen our team I knew we would struggle but can't believe how bad Arbroath were as well. We were there for the taking especially after going down to 10 men.

Summed up how dreadful it was to watch when Arbroath were pushing on near the end of the game and the centre half tried to punt it up the park and hooked it out for a alloa throw in on the halfway line

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

What does Macintosh have to do to get a game? 10 men and not the quickest defence for Alloa. Crying out for a pacey goal scorer.

Totally agree and to think he is our second top goalscorer.Thought Wallace should have done better near the end especially as he eventually had McKenna to his left.

Mckenna is not a centre forward yet walks into our lineup and Macintosh who has been scoring and playing well warms the bench for 90 minutes. Makes you scratch your head. Got to do more in home games, no wonder were not attracting bigger crowds and it's flat with play like that today.

for me cant understand why we as a club are throwing out 18 month or 2 year deals to players if we get promoted wont cut it just my opinion . also the crowd today was so bad agree with 1320 regarding the Montrose idea get the kids in for free has to be a boost

I seen his signing as more a depth signing. I think Leighton is a better option

Much more mobile than Wallace, we were dreadful today, without Linn or Denholm or Yule we are never on the front foot, slow and predictable, without an ounce of creativity, to many of the same type of player today

Alloa never showed desire to try and win the game, seemed to be happy to not lose

The sending off was maybe a little unlucky, but tell you what the ref made up his mind quick

As football games go this one was down there with the worst.  Having said that, got to be happy with a point especially as Arbroath will be our nearest contenders for 3rd.  Couldn't believe the bench today.  Surely we have some kids in the Under 20's to fill the bench for options up front?  If Goody can't trust them then is there any point in having an Academy set up since he fills his team with loanees? 

On a brighter note it was worth the detour north via Forfar to pick up a Desperate Dan size bridie on the way up.

As football games go this one was down there with the worst.  Having said that, got to be happy with a point especially as Arbroath will be our nearest contenders for 3rd.  Couldn't believe the bench today.  Surely we have some kids in the Under 20's to fill the bench for options up front?  If Goody can't trust them then is there any point in having an Academy set up since he fills his team with loanees? 
On a brighter note it was worth the detour north via Forfar to pick up a Desperate Dan size bridie on the way up.
Youth team played last night and we have loaned out Martin, Hoggan and Cunningham.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Smith doesn't seem to have settled in well at all. What's he doing getting sent off? 

He was starting to show some flashes of what he can do as he got a start ,but team was depleted today and we were a bit tentative and his sending off was a bit controversial to say the least

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Much more mobile than Wallace, we were dreadful today, without Linn or Denholm or Yule we are never on the front foot, slow and predictable, without an ounce of creativity, to many of the same type of player today

Alloa never showed desire to try and win the game, seemed to be happy to not lose

The sending off was maybe a little unlucky, but tell you what the ref made up his mind quick

After the sending off..yes but in the first half certainly not . we came closest to scoring with a header off the post.

Thought McKenna was one of our better performers, Wallace was definitely the boy to take off if any of the 2 were to be subbed, he was shocking today.

Can see why neither were subbed though, because the whole team were that bad. Gold and Omar had done f**k all and Swankie looked shattered by the time he ended up coming off.

All in all it’s not the worst day, if we get a result on Tuesday things will look a whole lot better.

Thought we were alright but lacked in the final third, Campbell just refuses to pick our best players for the sake of a shit formation that doesn’t suit his players at his disposal at all, totally nullifies just about all our better attacking players. 

Archived