Arbroath v Alloa

Would’ve been good to have had a game on Saturday to keep things ticking over and ourselves potentially still above Alloa before going into this but a pretty big game in the context of things. 4 wins and 2 draws from our last 6 is promising but this will probably be the toughest of the lot aside from the Ayr away fixture.

Would stick with the 3-5-2, but I’d bring Bobby Linn or Danny Denholm in for Omar. Was great last time out and but Bobby and DD have been on the bench for a while now and are better players imo so would throw one in and see what they can do.

Absolutely no idea who I’d play behind Ryan Wallace, so many options in there.

Hutton

Little

ToB

Hammy

Martin

Gold

Whatley

Yule

Linn/Denholm

McCord/McKenna/Swanks/McIntosh

Wallace

Looking forward to it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very important game ,but both teams need the win to keep the others away from them in the playoff stakes, to me it looks like a draw

but could go either way , tough tough game , Arbroath doing the business and looking good, but we are not too shabby either , I hope i can make it 

not been in tutties for years !

Would’ve been good to have had a game on Saturday to keep things ticking over and ourselves potentially still above Alloa before going into this but a pretty big game in the context of things. 4 wins and 2 draws from our last 6 is promising but this will probably be the toughest of the lot aside from the Ayr away fixture.

Would stick with the 3-5-2, but I’d bring Bobby Linn or Danny Denholm in for Omar. Was great last time out and but Bobby and DD have been on the bench for a while now and are better players imo so would throw one in and see what they can do.

Absolutely no idea who I’d play behind Ryan Wallace, so many options in there.

Hutton

Little
ToB
Hammy

Martin

Gold
Whatley
Yule
Linn/Denholm

McCord/McKenna/Swanks/McIntosh

Wallace

Looking forward to it.

Was in the paper at the weekend that McCord is out for a month

Bit of a random statement about the wind. I don't recall it ever being mentioned since a game when Allan Maitland was manager over 9 years ago. Incidentally that was the last time we lost up there, so haven't had too much to moan about on our visits.

Love the day out at Arbroath, looking forward to it. 

Bit of a random statement about the wind. I don't recall it ever being mentioned since a game when Allan Maitland was manager over 9 years ago. Incidentally that was the last time we lost up there, so haven't had too much to moan about on our visits.
Love the day out at Arbroath, looking forward to it. 

I can recall being in the tin shed called a toilet watching my p**s fly by leg and heading for the beach.

He might have a point, I found these quotes from the Alloa Advertiser about an Arbroath - Alloa game at Gayfield in 1903. When the Alloa fans came off the train "one would have thought that the North Pole was about to be reached, so cold was it......under the circumstances good football was hardly to be expected".

So basically Gayfield has been ruining football matches for at least 115 years. 

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

He might have a point, I found these quotes from the Alloa Advertiser about an Arbroath - Alloa game at Gayfield in 1903. When the Alloa fans came off the train "one would have thought that the North Pole was about to be reached, so cold was it......under the circumstances good football was hardly to be expected".

Aye, but in 1903, the wind blew across the pitch. The pitch was realigned in 1925 to allow it to blow from end to end.

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Personally speaking there's not much between the Recs and Gayfield for being bloody cold. I've resorted to buying wooly hats from both club shops in the past just to stay alive. 

The Recs also has that pneumonia inducing tinpot temporary seating- at least the old shed was warm(ish). On the plus side you can get soup that is the temperature of molten granite from the pie stall.

34 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Personally speaking there's not much between the Recs and Gayfield for being bloody cold. I've resorted to buying wooly hats from both club shops in the past just to stay alive. 

The Recs also has that pneumonia inducing tinpot temporary seating- at least the old shed was warm(ish). On the plus side you can get soup that is the temperature of molten granite from the pie stall.

The Recs doesn't compare to the cold at Arbroath and Peterheid for me. But I don't love them like I love the Recs :wub:.  The Marine Gardens, now that must have been cold.

Another thing in that 1903 article was that the Alloa fans got pished between the station and Gayfield. Something else that hasn't changed. 

9 hours ago, Waspie said:

Another thing in that 1903 article was that the Alloa fans got pished between the station and Gayfield. Something else that hasn't changed. 

Long time since I was at Arbroath , Danny McGrain was thier manager , missed two alloa goals as i was still in tutties downing a pint . my celtic supporting pal that I brought along liked a drink, half pished by the time i got to the ground ..

Long time since I was at Arbroath , Danny McGrain was thier manager , missed two alloa goals as i was still in tutties downing a pint . my celtic supporting pal that I brought along liked a drink, half pished by the time i got to the ground ..

Only half pished? Disgrace

I'm guessing we're more likely to make some changes for this with the Stranraer game now on Tuesday and the 3 midweeks in a row; or we keep it the same and change things for the midweek. Will definitely see all of the players who would expect to be first team regulars getting plenty of game time and then be in a good position to assess what does and doesn't work.

With our squad we have, we're probably the best placed team in the division to take on a run of games like this.

Archived