Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 17/2/18

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Fair play to Killie. The turnaround this season is outrageous. Was at the first game at Fir Park which would have been towards the end of McCulloch’s reign and I would have had you nailed on for being play offs at least.

We weren’t very good today. Positives being Charlie Dunne turning in to Baresi at the back.

We can't afford to lose Campbell and Kipre.   The abuse that Frear,  just back fron injury and not match fit,  takes is disgusting.  Fucking morons in our support.  

The one guy at the club that deserves to be berated for fitness issues is Cifti. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Killie. Got what they came for.

When they scored, parked the bus & set up to kill the game they did so very well.

I canny believe the negative comments about Frear either. He's fucking fantastic.

I still can't get over the difference that Clarke has made to this side. Under Jig, SOD looked very meh, Power was no where near the squad, Broadfoot was dreadful and we looked certain of finishing near the bottom of the league. A couple of months later and I would say SOD is the on form right back in this league. While Broadfoot and Power look like new players. 

Hopefully the Killie juggernaut can continue and secure a top six place. 

Missing  Dicker,Power, and Tshibola in midfield to-day as well as Greer at the back. We have got a really strong squad,  that was evident to-day with all those players missing.

Got to say to the well fans on its forum, saying Steve Robinson is as good as Steve Clarke put the lid back on the Buckie bottle FFS !!!!!

45 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I take it we’re still not allowed to show replays of penalty calls or sendings off? I’d like to see other angles of both penalty calls as I thought both were at the game and I thought both were from those highlights.

Pretty much agree with that.  The result centred on perhaps 3/4 incidents including both goals and both penalty claims.  Killie got the good fortune we didn't.  Its as simple as that.  

5 hours ago, Richie95 said:

I still can't get over the difference that Clarke has made to this side. Under Jig, SOD looked very meh, Power was no where near the squad, Broadfoot was dreadful and we looked certain of finishing near the bottom of the league. A couple of months later and I would say SOD is the on form right back in this league. While Broadfoot and Power look like new players. 

Hopefully the Killie juggernaut can continue and secure a top six place. 

I'd say that Killie are pretty much a perfect case study in terms of the value of a manager tbh.

It'd be easy to look at the level Clarke's worked at and just dismiss what he's doing as him simply doing what's expected of a guy who's worked at Chelsea, Liverpool and managed in the EPL but I think it's important to look at what he's actually doing. He's added 2 players to his first team, Mulumbu and Tshibola, other than that he's working with the players he inherited from McCulloch.

He's completely turned round a team who were looking relegation certainties under the previous manager but he's done it through coaching and management rather than signing an entirely new squad of players. He seems to be pragmatic about the way he sets out his sides and he's getting the best out of the players he has available to him.  There are no complaints from him that he's been hamstrung with the level of player he inherited he's simply getting on with the job of making the players he's got at the club better.

I read a couple of comments the other day suggesting that the turnaround was evidence that McCulloch "had an eye for a player". While it's obviously true to a point in that he signed them and they're currently doing well for Clarke it's also massively understating the significance of Clarke in their performances. I don't think it'd be a huge surprise to anyone if those players reverted to mean were Clarke to leave.

I'm absolutely delighted Killie managed to bring Clarke in. To me, the more there are teams in the league with genuinely  good coaches and managers the better the standard of both player and league becomes.

A frustrating afternoon. We had the bulk of the play but Killie defended well and restricted us to very few clear cut chances after they scored following a poor error from Main - take nothing away from the strike though.

While I thought we were the better team, from a Killie point of view it was probably a perfect away performance. Our set piece delivery and decision making in the final third really let us down but make no mistake, we’ll play far worse than that and win games.

Good away support today too who backed their team throughout. There must have been a good 500 or so more than the usual to see half of the #TB4 face off, which is good to see. Unless the Steve Clarke juggernaut grinds to a halt or Hearts fall off a cliff it looks like bottom 6 for us which might not be all bad if we get to relegate Accies.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I canny believe the negative comments about Frear either. He's fucking fantastic.

Each to their own.

I mean I don’t dislike Frear, he’s one of the few players in our team with a bit of pace and he does have a decent delivery on him but fantastic? Nah sorry, not for me.

How many games can you genuinely say Frear has been fantastic? Off the top of my head I can think of the 3-1 win against Killie last season, the 1-0 win at Dens and the 3-2 defeat at Firhill this season. I know wingers by nature are generally erratic but he’s been here over a year now and I’m genuinely struggling to think of anymore.

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a useful player to have in the squad but I’m yet to be convinced he’s anything more than that. I do also appreciate there’s been mitigating circumstances- injuries and being played at wing back. 

Frear for me put in far better crosses than Cadden yesterday who had yet another poor game, I think he needs a wee spell on the bench to give him a kick up the backside to get back to his early season form.    Killie have been excellent under Steve Clarke, they punished us on one mistake but other than that both keepers had very little to do yesterday,  a draw probably would've been a fair result.   Top 6 hopes probably very faint for us now as I would expect Killie to win their 2 games in hand against Hamilton and St Johnstone

4 hours ago, theauldyin said:

Got to say to the well fans on its forum, saying Steve Robinson is as good as Steve Clarke put the lid back on the Buckie bottle FFS !!!!!

Its impossible to say.   Its a bold claim indeed but equally yours is dismissive.  I don't think any comparison is helpful or indeed valid.  Before comparing managers' performances you have to take into account the resources they were given in terms of the playing staff and their transfer budgets.  I doubt if the original posters were privy to that information nor are you I suspect. 

36 minutes ago, Crilly said:

Its impossible to say.   Its a bold claim indeed but equally yours is dismissive.  I don't think any comparison is helpful or indeed valid.  Before comparing managers' performances you have to take into account the resources they were given in terms of the playing staff and their transfer budgets.  I doubt if the original posters were privy to that information nor are you I suspect. 

dear o dear

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Beyond delusional 

How exactly ?

Clarke is showing so far that he is a very decent Manager. No one is arguing that point. Nor am I suggesting that Robinson is better. 

But for Killie fans to be so dismissive of the notion that Steve Robinson is as good a Manager as Clarke is. Well.........

On the basis of yesterday Motherwell were every bit as good as Killie were and imho actually better. Yes Killie were missing players but so were we. 

Robinson kept us up last year when it looked for all the world we could be relegated or finish in the play off spot. So far this year we have played 10 cup ties and won 9 of them - all ties (outside league cup league) have been against Premiership sides. Got us to a final and possibly another semi final.  He has added wisely to the team last summer and at Xmas. Most players brought in have improved the side. 

On that basis alone I think most Well fans have a right to think Robinson is a better Manager or certainly every bit as good as Clarke. 

How exactly ?
Clarke is showing so far that he is a very decent Manager. No one is arguing that point. Nor am I suggesting that Robinson is better. 
But for Killie fans to be so dismissive of the notion that Steve Robinson is as good a Manager as Clarke is. Well.........
On the basis of yesterday Motherwell were every bit as good as Killie were and imho actually better. Yes Killie were missing players but so were we. 
Robinson kept us up last year when it looked for all the world we could be relegated or finish in the play off spot. So far this year we have played 10 cup ties and won 9 of them - all ties (outside league cup league) have been against Premiership sides. Got us to a final and possibly another semi final.  He has added wisely to the team last summer and at Xmas. Most players brought in have improved the side. 
On that basis alone I think most Well fans have a right to think Robinson is a better Manager or certainly every bit as good as Clarke. 

I think he was implying that the auldyin was delusional in his comments about your manager. Which I agree with.

dear o dear

How exactly ?

I think he was implying that the auldyin was delusional in his comments about your manager. Which I agree with.

Please gentleman we are all #TB4 together [emoji170][emoji170]

Archived