Everyday Tasks You're Terrible At

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Using cling film.

Usually ends with a cylinder surrounded in mangled / shredded film and a sandwich that takes 5 minutes to get into, sometimes wrapped using three separate pieces after misjudging the area required.

Climg film is shite. Trying to get it back in the correct rythm once an edge has caught and is 2 spins behing the rest of the cylinder..

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

ironing shirts, absolutely dreadful at it. infuriating 

I was up in Elgin for a wedding and the hotel we were staying at had a laundry room that they kept their ironing board in.  I was down trying to iron my shirt for the wedding and one of the hotel cleaning staff was in with me.  

After 5 minutes of watching me struggle to iron the shirt she told me to"get the f**k oot the road" and did it for me.  

Made an excellent job of it too. 

33 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was up in Elgin for a wedding and the hotel we were staying at had a laundry room that they kept their ironing board in.  I was down trying to iron my shirt for the wedding and one of the hotel cleaning staff was in with me.  

After 5 minutes of watching me struggle to iron the shirt she told me to"get the f**k oot the road" and did it for me.  

Made an excellent job of it too. 

Women, that’s why we love them, they just can’t help themselves 

I generally do all the washing up of dishes in our house. Not because she does all the cooking (I usually do that too), but because she suffers from being a bone-idle lazy cow. 

Anyway, I'm not sure how it happens but when I'm finished everywhere within a metre of the sink is soaked with soapy water, I try to stop this but I think I'm just very thorough. 

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Using cling film.

Usually ends with a cylinder surrounded in mangled / shredded film and a sandwich that takes 5 minutes to get into, sometimes wrapped using three separate pieces after misjudging the area required.

Get yourself one of these and stop living in the dark ages:

Image result for cling film dispenser

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Using cling film.

I've yet to find a good use for cling film that can't be done by something more manageable.

Apart from the obvious toilet piss practical joke.

5 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Just a wee tip.

Well done steak can be finished in the oven. Sear the outsides in the frying pan for the char and then get it in the oven for 8 minutes.

I can't believe that's not the worst thing you've posted in the last 7 days.

6 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Just a wee tip.

Well done steak can be finished in the oven. Sear the outsides in the frying pan for the char and then get it in the oven for 8 minutes.

And the final crucial step: chuck it in the bin.

Archived