Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - Scottish Cup quarter-final, 04/03/2018

Elixir

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alternative is to get the Shotts line and get off at Carfin - quick taxi ride down to Fir Park. I always did it that way when I lived in Edinburgh...

Thanks

I think the times for the fast trains work out well for the kick off time but now, thanks to you, I've got a backup plan if I f**k up the return

Still no sign of our tickets being on sale for this one.  Whoever's fault that is has dropped a bollock, if they were on sale right away there would have been a big rush to get them.  Now a week to go you're likely going to have to make your way up to Tynie to buy one which could easily dampen enthusiasm for it.  Especially if you were on the fence.

23 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Cheers for the heads up.  Hopefully we can now shift a  few and make it a good atmosphere.

Aye.

The delay seemed odd, I wonder if it we were holding off to see if the seats that were damaged after the Celtic game would be fixed in time.

Looking at the Hearts news story it's saying you're being housed in the lower tier (where the main damage was). I'd imagine once that allocation's sold out they'll open the upper tier, in fact the drop down on the ticketing page is already showing 2 upper blocks available.

Edit: I think someone's just fucked the copy on the news story tbh. By my count (never having bought a ticket for the away stand I'm not certain) there are 10 blocks, 5 across both upper and lower. Hearts have 10 blocks on sale across both upper and lower tiers. So it seems like it's the full stand that's on sale.

5a902d1c59900_ScreenShot2018-02-23at15_02_22.png.6ca69596577e78c4743e9894ccf5dd52.png

Sounds like it was Hearts' decision to take  a slightly lower initial allocation. I imagine we'll now be given the full stand, which by the sounds of things should sell out relatively quickly again. 

Looking forward to this one. 

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Some support we're going to take through.

How are sales in the Motherwell end doing for this?

Couldn't tell you, but I dare say more us will choose the PATG option (myself included) since there's about 8,500 seats in the home end, so no great rush. When I was younger it seemed that everybody and their granny came out for Scottish Cup games at home, and that tradition has seemed to have died a death at a lot of clubs. In saying that, despite this being on cooncil telly I'd expect at least our 4,000 regulars to be there. Conservative guess of 4,500. And quietly hoping for 5,000+ so we can have a non bigot brother 5 figure crowd.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Some support we're going to take through.

How are sales in the Motherwell end doing for this?

I can't print off tickets for this can I?  Bit of a pain in the arse travelling to Edinburgh to pick up a ticket as I don't imagine they'd be posted in time.

Archived