Killie vs. Dees 13/2/18

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been a good match for a neutral; a great end for Killie; and another sad end for Dundee.
Dundee strolled it in the first half although a defensive error gifted Killie a well struck angular shot, then it was really all Dundee albeit with only a few serious efforts on the Killie goal. Then a penalty that none of the visiting support claimed. Moving on, a cracking header from Caulken bisecting the trajectory of a good ball in- good start Steven!
Then with Killie claiming for fouls at every contact, and sensing, in my opinion an unjustified injustice, a dreadful tackle generated a fair red card was shown. (Fans always berate the ref, it's football!)Yet Killie looked more up for it than us even with ten men.
Unless Deacon was injured McCann should have left him on as the balance of the side was good, even if we lack penetration as the equilibrium was changed and we didn't manage the game.
From where I was Boyd's goal was a perfect finish from good interplay just when Cammy came on. Parish had no chance. Then after a foul wasn't called the young Killie sub ran thirty yards unchallenged and slotted another sublime finish. Parish had no chance. On another day none of these go in, but today they did.
Why did we switch off when we were in control with 11 opponents? Don't know, but it's getting time for Tena pads in this dogfight.

2 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Let's not get into a thing here mate, you seem like your head's gone.

No need to go to great lengths to assure us all how your head definitely isn't gone, just go to your bed. Mon. Bedtime.

A thing?

Did I not just express my envy towards Killie a few comments before you came in, twatiness and all? c**t.

It would have been a good match for a neutral; a great end for Killie; and another sad end for Dundee.
Dundee strolled it in the first half although a defensive error gifted Killie a well struck angular shot, then it was really all Dundee albeit with only a few serious efforts on the Killie goal. Then a penalty that none of the visiting support claimed. Moving on, a cracking header from Caulken bisecting the trajectory of a good ball in- good start Steven!
Then with Killie claiming for fouls at every contact, and sensing, in my opinion an unjustified injustice, a dreadful tackle generated a fair red card was shown. (Fans always berate the ref, it's football!)Yet Killie looked more up for it than us even with ten men.
Unless Deacon was injured McCann should have left him on as the balance of the side was good, even if we lack penetration as the equilibrium was changed and we didn't manage the game.
From where I was Boyd's goal was a perfect finish from good interplay just when Cammy came on. Parish had no chance. Then after a foul wasn't called the young Killie sub ran thirty yards unchallenged and slotted another sublime finish. Parish had no chance. On another day none of these go in, but today they did.
Why did we switch off when we were in control with 11 opponents? Don't know, but it's getting time for Tena pads in this dogfight.

Killie’s 2nd and 3rd goals were both excellent. The young lad’s probably the pick but you’ve got to admire Boyd’s finishing skills. He’s in that sort of position, he knows he’s going to score, we know he’s going to score and he does, no hesitation, bang.

Steve Clarke praised the character and courage of his Kilmarnock players after they dug in to beat Dundee 3-2 at Rugby Park.

Reduced to ten men and 2-1 down in the second half, Killie's run of six consecutive home wins looked under real threat.

However goals from Kris Boyd and Iain Wilson turned the match on its head and ensured Rugby Park was rocking at the final whistle.

Clarke said: "Tonight I’m thrilled with the fact the players showed great character and courage to come back and get a result from a really difficult situation.

"It keeps the run going but it is not important. The run will end someday, it could have ended tonight.

"The overall picture in the way the team is evolving and working you can tell they feel good about themselves. They keep working to pick up points and that’s all I can ask of them."

Eamonn Brophy opened the scoring early for Killie but Dundee had periods of dominance in the match as Neil McCann's men aimed to close the gap.

Clarke was pleased with the way his substitutes made a real impact on the match.

He added: "It was always going to be difficult with ten men but we are never dead and buried with this group of players.

"It was a strange game tonight. We didn’t start very well even though we went 1-0 up, I thought Dundee were much better in the first 30 minutes.

"We shuffled it about a bit in the second half, actually conceded the 1-2 when we were probably the better team again and lost Gary Dicker. You saw the rest.

"I put young Iain Wilson on for his first appearance for a long time and he helped to change the game for us. Lee Erwin came on up front and showed everybody what he’s shown me in training for the past six weeks. It was nice to see.

"When I came to the club everybody told me he [Wilson] was a really good player and a big prospect and I think you got a glimpse of that tonight."

Killie’s 2nd and 3rd goals were both excellent. The young lad’s probably the pick but you’ve got to admire Boyd’s finishing skills. He’s in that sort of position, he knows he’s going to score, we know he’s going to score and he does, no hesitation, bang.

I felt exactly the same. Body's touch was sublime, the perfect execution to a quick direction changing move.
And then it was inevitable that the young lad scored. It was like watching in slow motion.
Bollocks.

3 hours ago, 02.05.16 said:

Sounds like the Killie fans are getting their poofy wee pants in a twist. GIRFUY.

How'd that one go for you champ?

What a thoroughly smashing game that was, and a magnificent win for the form team in #TB4. Like others have said, I'd have been entertained no matter what the result was - but when the ref's having a complete and utter shanner, you go down 2-1 and then lose a man you'd assume all hope was lost. Definitely the kind of game that we'd have lost under the previous four managers. This team just keeps on finding new ways to amaze and enthrall me and I never ever want this to stop.

1 minute ago, Andy_K_97 said:

How'd that one go for you champ?

What a thoroughly smashing game that was, and a magnificent win for the form team in #TB4. Like others have said, I'd have been entertained no matter what the result was - but when the ref's having a complete and utter shanner, you go down 2-1 and then lose a man you'd assume all hope was lost. Definitely the kind of game that we'd have lost under the previous four managers. This team just keeps on finding new ways to amaze and enthrall me and I never ever want this to stop.

Please read previous posts, gypsy c**t.

I felt exactly the same. Body's touch was sublime, the perfect execution to a quick direction changing move.
And then it was inevitable that the young lad scored. It was like watching in slow motion.
Bollocks.

2 things we are lacking. A natural finisher and players capable of engineering a quick direction changing move.

These tosser pundits saying we are playing good football and are easy on the eye - my eyes were bleeding watching that ponderous pish. No one (well bar that headless chicken FEB) wants to shoot (Gowser in the 2nd half - f**k sake) and we either pass to a player in even less space than the passer is in or it goes backwards. Throw ins (other than the welcome appearance or Deacon’s long throws tonight) are predictable and pedestrian. Nobody running in to advanced spaces to receive the ball. We criticise our strikers but in the main they’ve been living off scraps all season.

2 things we are lacking. A natural finisher and players capable of engineering a quick direction changing move.

These tosser pundits saying we are playing good football and are easy on the eye - my eyes were bleeding watching that ponderous pish. No one (well bar that headless chicken FEB) wants to shoot (Gowser in the 2nd half - f**k sake) and we either pass to a player in even less space than the passer is in or it goes backwards. Throw ins (other than the welcome appearance or Deacon’s long throws tonight) are predictable and pedestrian. Nobody running in to advanced spaces to receive the ball. We criticise our strikers but in the main they’ve been living off scraps all season.

This.

Archived