Albion Rovers V Raith Rovers

Does anyone know the best pre-game pubs?
We went to Owen's last time and it was ok, although not a classic football pub. Are there any others people would recommend? Are there any classic home/away pubs in town? Cheers!

Innismohr is an excellent pub , only £2 a pint of Carling but they are very strict about no team colours. At the other end of the Main Street from there they are five pubs close together on Sunnyside road including the excellent St Andrews bar. These are all very close to Sunnyside station if arriving by train.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Does anyone know the best pre-game pubs?

We went to Owen's last time and it was ok, although not a classic football pub. Are there any others people would recommend? Are there any classic home/away pubs in town? Cheers!

We were in the St Andrews bar pre match last time, was class - good banter with the home fans.

I think I will go for the St Andrews bar, cheers folks for all the info. (ETA: any pub that is pernickety about football colours of non-old firm can get itself to f**k!).

Rational side of me ha got a deal of confidence. Less Rational side is shiteing it. 

Only two of our usual 5 are able to make it today - any other folks getting the sense that it will be a decent/poor crowd today?  Think a big number behind that goal could make a bit of a difference. 

Unbelievable decisions from the referee here. Raith goalie punches the ball over the bar: good save. Goal-kick to Raith. Absolutely astonishing. Two minutes before that, Raith player boots the ball over the bar; no-one near him. Corner Raith. Worst decisions I have ever seen. 

Unbelievable decisions from the referee here. Raith goalie punches the ball over the bar: good save. Goal-kick to Raith. Absolutely astonishing. Two minutes before that, Raith player boots the ball over the bar; no-one near him. Corner Raith. Worst decisions I have ever seen. 

Raith goalie didn’t touch the ball. The ball hit the bar and went out. Goal kick was rightly given.

I notice from your post you have neglected to comment on the fact trouten controlled the ball with his arm before scoring too...

Archived