Albion Rovers V Raith Rovers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Wardy said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers/top-scorers

This is just purely in the league..

Davo and Bene haven’t got a goal yet this season. 

All that time hanging about in the box that Spence and Buchanan have been doing really hasn't returned enough goals.

Tbf, the majority of this season they've had to drop deep to get the ball. It also doesn't help we had a keeper who's distribution was limited to lumping it up the pitch rather than playing it to our back four. Both Spence and Buchanan are hardly target men.

Pretty much this. If any criticism towards Spence or Buchanan is that they’ve not been in the 6 yard box, more so Buchanan as he’s been dropping deep. However his link up play and holding the ball up has been excellent. Smith’s distribution was probably his only positive, other than that he’s a rancid keeper.

Anyway back to the game, I’m going now - happy days! I just hope we rectify that first game at Cliftonhill, and keep the momentum going (as mentioned by everyone and their dog ha!). Will it be the same XI that started at San Starko a few weeks ago for AR?

I plan on parking at the Home Bargains carpark across the road, is that fine or is it monitored? If it’s the latter, I’ll just park up on the main road. Cheers in advance.

13 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Pretty much this. If any criticism towards Spence or Buchanan is that they’ve not been in the 6 yard box, more so Buchanan as he’s been dropping deep. However his link up play and holding the ball up has been excellent. Smith’s distribution was probably his only positive, other than that he’s a rancid keeper.

Anyway back to the game, I’m going now - happy days! I just hope we rectify that first game at Cliftonhill, and keep the momentum going (as mentioned by everyone and their dog ha!). Will it be the same XI that started at San Starko a few weeks ago for AR?

I plan on parking at the Home Bargains carpark across the road, is that fine or is it monitored? If it’s the latter, I’ll just park up on the main road. Cheers in advance.

It's monitored, I parked there earlier in the season and got a ticket for £60. That said I just ignored it and all the reminders and they eventually stopped sending them. 

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Does anyone know the best pre-game pubs?

We went to Owen's last time and it was ok, although not a classic football pub. Are there any others people would recommend? Are there any classic home/away pubs in town? Cheers!

Apparently there's a bar at the back of the stand. 

Silky Hetherston used to have a pub in Coatbridge, but I'm not sure how far it is from Cliftonhill. 

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:58, Rovers_Lad said:

Does or did Peter silky Hetherston own a pub in coatbridge?

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:17, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

He used to have the aptly named Silky's but passed it on, and the pub has reverted to one of its previous names (Woodside Bar). I haven't heard that he's taken another pub on but others might know.

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Apparently there's a bar at the back of the stand. 

Silky Hetherston used to have a pub in Coatbridge, but I'm not sure how far it is from Cliftonhill. 

Archived