Valentines Day

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe it's a thing, just never heard of it before. Like trick or treat, High School proms or baby showers being a thing in Scotland. I'm yer da basically.

Its not something I did as a kid either and only noticed when my ex gf's kids used to give her Valentines cards. My mum used to give me an anonymous card until I was about 10 or 11yo but would never let on.....I knew it was her though!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gran used to give me a Valentine's card when I was very small; my mum did it with ours when he was tiny too. I'm not sure what that's about, but thank f**k they stopped before we hit double-digits.

A friend's friend got a card from his mother every year, and it was still happening when he was about to leave home to go to University. Apparently she would get quite upset if she didn't receive one in return.

(none of the people mentioned above are from Fife)

No, I am fairly settled with this yin.

Should add that the card and the present I bought were the exact same things my work colleague bought his girlfriend. I’m hopeless at thoughtful shite.

Next January hand your colleague 20 quid and ask him to just buy two of everything, one for him and one for you, and keep the change.

Personal Valentine Shopper reducing the hassle to f**k all

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The modern world is a alien place to me, when did bathing with your father-in-law become a thing?

That's just Throbber TBF.

I'd completely forgotten this (or repressed the memory) but when I was in my teens, I used to get the lassies from work to buy a Valentine's card so I could give it to my girlfriend. They did a much better job than I would've done myself.

The idea of sending a card to a relative other than your spouse is completely new to me though. Given that it's meant to be a romantic thing, it takes the creepiness to levels which don't even bear thinking about. Are there really people on here who sent Valentine's cards to their parents?

I really have been so fucking sheltered.

I’m going to give my daughter a mystery Valentines card again this year. She still hasn’t cottoned on.

However, I would like to add I have what appears to be a very different father/daughter relationship from some and do not engage in any verdant dialogue.

On 11/02/2018 at 12:42, welshbairn said:

I don't live in Fife, thankfully. Don't have kids but I certainly never sent my Dad a Valentines card. 

I’m with you on this one. I’m fairly sure if I’d sent my dad a Valentine’s card he’d have been utterly disgusted with me and (rightfully) shunned me.

Just now, Chicken Wing said:
9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
It is indeed a load of pish and is solely for absolute mugs.
Get it right to f**k.
It's also my younger brother's birthday.
It's also Rusev Day.

That one doesn't rhyme

It doesn't need to; it's Rusev Day

Archived