Valentines Day

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
On 15/02/2019 at 07:13, Bert Raccoon said:
Oddly, I received an anonymous card, about two weeks ago. I would've suspected it was from my mum out of pity  but it was ordered off Moonpig and she doesn't know how to work the Internet.

Update?

No fucking idea tbh.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lassie at work gave me a single red rose, which is quite romantic, I suppose - she can fucking bolt. 
What?

Actual adults do this shit? As in, give Valentines shite to folk they arent already attached to?

She has the full year to make a simple request for pumping, and she hands you a rose like a fucking schoolchild?

On 13/02/2018 at 08:17, Hillonearth said:

We always go out for Valentine's, but never ON Valentine's for years now - we're doing it next Thursday this year - for the following reasons:

1. Everywhere's always booked solid cos every c**t's trying to do the same thing.

2. A lot of places run crappy Valentine's menus much like they do at Christmas.

3. A lot of times you pay through the nose due to what day it is.

All her idea, I'm pleased to say. I chose well.

My other half hates going out on valentine's day for these reasons too. The idea of restaurants having "valentine menus" is repellent. 

I grudgingly got her a card again this year, after making it perfectly clear I wouldn't be wanting one in return.  After seeing the social media 'competition' Valentine's day has now agreed it's a fucking farce and from now on not to even bother with a card. 

My other half hates going out on valentine's day for these reasons too. The idea of restaurants having "valentine menus" is repellent. 
I tried to book something last week, coincidentally it was the Thursday as that was the only night we could get the bairns watched. Booked solid.... Thats odd says I.

Then I remember its valentines, looked at the set menu that was on offer and was delighted it was booked solid as the menu was fucking terrible, and me and the Mrs took our youngest one out for lunch instead. Lovely day had by all.

Archived