Ally Love

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utterly disgusting. Speaks volumes that a man of this character is still employed by Clyde and supported unwaveringly by the Clyde fans. Genuinely sickening. 

Drew gasps from players on both sides yet only one other player from Annan apparently heard anything at the hearing, that’s odd!

Strange as well it took the SFA 3 days to convict on evidence that damning and only gave a 5 game ban.

Think quite a few, myself included, said if found guilty he should leave the club. So I don't think he's supported unwaveringly. 
I've heard differing stories to what the herald have ran with as well. 
I agree that Love should have been sacked. However I do feel that the Herald is being selective in the clubs that it attacks. Clyde, being a smaller club, are an easy target.

I cannot remember them calling for Leigh Griffiths to be sacked by Celtic after him pleading guilty to leading "f****** refugee" song about Rudi Skacel or Tonev after that racism scandal.

I'm surprised that an article about racism in Scottish football omitted these two high profile cases.

I wonder why that would be?

On 18/02/2018 at 16:21, Clyde01 said:

Given the clowns involved with running the SFA I would question any decision they make.

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Strange as well it took the SFA 3 days to convict on evidence that damning and only gave a 5 game ban.

Your first quote covers the reason for the second one. 

8 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Drew gasps from players on both sides yet only one other player from Annan apparently heard anything at the hearing, that’s odd!

Sounds like The Herald could be in some serious bother then? You’d imagine Love will see them in court very soon.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where are you seeing this information?

Can't remember where it was but I'm sure it said only one other Annan player was at the hearing, Owen moxon maybe. 

In reply to your earlier question to me, ive heard that it's a lot of shite and nothing racial was said, anything said was about this girl. This is from someone who still plays football and knows folk at Clyde. 

But of course heard the story that it lasted all game. 

Can't remember where it was but I'm sure it said only one other Annan player was at the hearing, Owen moxon maybe. 
In reply to your earlier question to me, ive heard that it's a lot of shite and nothing racial was said, anything said was about this girl. This is from someone who still plays football and knows folk at Clyde. 
But of course heard the story that it lasted all game. 

The stories I’ve read from the hearing just say that ‘witnesses backed up the claim’. Doesn’t mention who or the number of them anywhere from what I can see. Even if there was only one witness at the hearing that doesn’t necessarily mean that they were the only one who heard it?

Rather than clyde being made the focal point of the article perhaps questions should be asked of the SFA for the delay in reaching a verdict and the lenient sentence if the evidence suggested by the herald is accurate.

If that is the language that was used it is disgusting but so is the leniency of the ban.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The stories I’ve read from the hearing just say that ‘witnesses backed up the claim’. Doesn’t mention who or the number of them anywhere from what I can see. Even if there was only one witness at the hearing that doesn’t necessarily mean that they were the only one who heard it?

Agreed theres every chance other folk heard it and maybe just couldn't make the hearing or something. 

Strange that there's so many different stories going about for it though. Regardless, still think Clyde should let him go. 

Agreed theres every chance other folk heard it and maybe just couldn't make the hearing or something. 
Strange that there's so many different stories going about for it though. Regardless, still think Clyde should let him go. 

It would save them a lot of bother anyway.

If Love genuinely thinks he’s being slandered here then this will surely carry on and on.

If not then I’d assume he just knows he’s in the wrong.

10 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
58 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Sounds like The Herald could be in some serious bother then? You’d imagine Love will see them in court very soon.

Not if they didnt write it in the first place ?

Well, except that they did. 

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16037141.Neil_Cameron__If_Scotland_isn___t_a_racist_country_why_is_there_so_much_racism_/

As has been previously stated, this article isn't so much a discussion of racism in Scotland as it is an outright attack on Love and thinly veiled attack on Clyde. I previously held the Herald in relatively high regards in terms of journalism but if that piece is anything to go by then I'm clearly in the wrong profession.

Again not a single shred of evidence offered and some are simply accepting what has been printed in black and white as gospel. The content of the article is highly dubious at best as there is simply no way that it would have taken so long to resolve, the sentence would have been so lenient, or the club would have retained his services if it were true.

Where are you seeing what evidence was or wasn’t presented in the trial?

4 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

As has been previously stated, this article isn't so much a discussion of racism in Scotland as it is an outright attack on Love and thinly veiled attack on Clyde. I previously held the Herald in relatively high regards in terms of journalism but if that piece is anything to go by then I'm clearly in the wrong profession.

Again not a single shred of evidence offered and some are simply accepting what has been printed in black and white as gospel. The content of the article is highly dubious at best as there is simply no way that it would have taken so long to resolve, the sentence would have been so lenient, or the club would have retained his services if it were true.

Going by your club's previous stance with Goodwillie I seriously doubt they would have bothered , guilty or not .  

That Love put himself in this position in the first place constitutes bringing the game into disrepute IMO.............Irrespective of any dodgy newspaper reports. 

Almost everything written in the Herald strikes me as being written by bourgeois-bohemian metropolitan trendies, competing with one another only to establish who can file the most insufferably left-wing copy of the week; prizes go to those articles which most give the impression that the public are scum in need of taming.

I say almost because the article linked-up to this thread is actually very good. It brims with relevant and persuasive evidence for the point it makes. Everyone knows the best way to go about proving that a society has an underemphasised 'racism problem' is to hold-up professional football as the moral crucible of that society and, from that crucible, raise two anecdotes. This is all just pure science and mathematics; it can't be rebutted.

Archived