2018 Winter Olympics

The Naitch

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite digging the mixed doubles curling, it's a fascinating form of the sport.  
Also, it appears as though winter is causing problems for the winter olympics
Aye, a bit windy halfway up a mountain in winter, who'd have thought it. To be fair it made the women's slopestyle final a bit of a farce as you could see them getting blown all over the place as soon as they went airborne.

On 2/11/2018 at 06:32, MONKMAN said:

I just don’t get all the judges events like men’s snowboarding slopestyle etc. Surely that sort of pish gets kept for the X-Games.

Have you been talking to my granddad?  He always scoffs at the "hotdog skiing" and other judge sports

7 hours ago, supermik said:

Watching the womans ice hockey. The speed and skill level is tremendous. Are there any womans teams in Britain?

Yes, they have a four league set up in England. Solway Sharks (Dumfries) are the only Scottish team, playing in National League North.  I know a girl who plays for the national team (Great Britain). I can safely say I'm a better player than her so I think they have a long way to go before they qualify for the Olympics.

The men's tournament this year will be a somewhat watered down affair since the NHL refused to let "their" players go 

Safely through in second place, although not without incident. She was in the best lane but had a poor start, and will now be in lane four out of five for the final, which has led to the (quite magnificent) studio guests not holding out much hope for her.

I don’t think anything speed skating related will quite top Australia’s first ever Winter Olympic gold medal in 2002.

Another highlight, and my first Winter Olympic memory, is the BBC commentary team going “this is a lap of honour for Lindsey Jacobellis”, precisely one second before it all goes horrible wrong!

https://youtu.be/rWD1yVLqbpY

Safely through in second place, although not without incident. She was in the best lane but had a poor start, and will now be in lane four out of five for the final, which has led to the (quite magnificent) studio guests not holding out much hope for her.

The pundits have been, on the whole, exceptional so far.

Elise breezes the quarters and had a bit of a hairy moment in the semis.

Not the best lane for her but she’s more than capable of doing well. C’mon Elise!

Archived