Steven caulker

4 minutes ago, tartanbrush said:

What imbecile would even entertain the thought of a bona fide englishman, who turned us down in the first instance to play for 'them' who has literally stood and sang god save the queen whilst standing with pride wearing the 3 lions on his shirt in his first cap and would do  again without any hesitation whatsoever were he to get picked again, including any future match against Scotland. But is now so shite he's playing for Dundee and a million miles away from an England call up in a sad desperate act to improve his cv he would happily jump ship to Scotland since theres no chance he will get picked again for England and some scotland fans would actually entertain this and welcome him into our squad with open arms. Deary me the whole notion of international football and what it means is completely lost on some people.

Someone who cares more about watching Scotland play at a major tournament over hating the English?

I will take anyone who enhances Scotlands chances of qualifying, i'm sick of watching tournaments without Scotland, i don't care if he sleeps in his 3 Lions pyjamas if he helps Scotland play at the Euros.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Headline:  

Dundee star Steven Caulker admits he would jump at chance to play for Scotland despite having already played for England

What he actually said........

I spoke to Craig Levein when he was Scotland coach and I was about 18 or 19.

“Obviously I wanted to try England at the time and I was in and around the squad, so it wasn’t right for me then.

“I would never discount it though. Playing at any international level is an honour, so if it became available in the future I’d definitely consider it.”

Going by the other quotes in the article For me it looks like he chose Dundee to get stay away from the spotlight and play with less pressure, he doesn’t need w*nks at the Sun sensationalising stuff. Leave him for a year and see how he gets on before considering selection I would say. 

Edited by gannonball

Just as a btw, how has he been so far, for Dundee???
He looks like he is a lot higher than the level and is a real scoring threat at even y set piece but did make an error last week which cost a goal.

Played him right back last week which was daft to me.

On 3/10/2018 at 11:53, SmokedHaddock said:

Someone who cares more about watching Scotland play at a major tournament over hating the English?

I will take anyone who enhances Scotlands chances of qualifying, i'm sick of watching tournaments without Scotland, i don't care if he sleeps in his 3 Lions pyjamas if he helps Scotland play at the Euros.

100% the case but I don't see how Caulker has done enough to prove he is worthy of making our side yet.

Jesus wept! This isny club fitba eh! You cany just pick and choose who you play for! Well actually in some cases you can but cmon how can anyone agree with it! You should declare your nationality and if your lucky enought to play for that nation you certainly shouldn't be able to switch after winning a cap! And in a worst case scenario you are essentially saying you would accept a full team of one cap england wonders pulling on a Scotland strip at a World Cup! It's not really Scotland is it it's an England C team! It's an absolute embarrassement, I for one would never wish to see the day that happens

Sorry but not having Caulker for Scotland. Friendly or not, he played for England. That’s it.  And I say this as a man born in London and a Dundee fan. Hope he’s brilliant for the Dees but there’s no way he should ever get a game for us now.

Sorry but not having Caulker for Scotland. Friendly or not, he played for England. That’s it.  And I say this as a man born in London and a Dundee fan. Hope he’s brilliant for the Dees but there’s no way he should ever get a game for us now.

Us?

Tartanbrush won’t be happy with you saying ‘us’ when you were born in London.

SUPPOART UR OWN CUNTRIE!

14 hours ago, tartanbrush said:

Jesus wept! This isny club fitba eh! You cany just pick and choose who you play for! Well actually in some cases you can but cmon how can anyone agree with it! You should declare your nationality and if your lucky enought to play for that nation you certainly shouldn't be able to switch after winning a cap! And in a worst case scenario you are essentially saying you would accept a full team of one cap england wonders pulling on a Scotland strip at a World Cup! It's not really Scotland is it it's an England C team! It's an absolute embarrassement, I for one would never wish to see the day that happens

Aye, never mind.  We don't need to call up the best options that are completely eligible under FIFA rules, we're much better having everyone in the squad born in the same close on the Royal Mile, because then we can smugly point to that all Summer while other countries are qualifying.  Haud me back.

15 hours ago, tartanbrush said:

I for one would never wish to see the day that happens

Nobody is forcing you to watch it. The rules are there and every country on the planet takes advantage of it, yet we've got people in this country greeting about it because they cannot stand the English. Grow the f**k up or f**k the f**k off.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Based on Saturday hes worse than Steven Anderson, outmuscled by Chris Kane regularly.. 

I'd hardly use Saturday as the yardstick to judge him by tbh.

31 minutes ago, Chimter-boys said:

You must be on some hard narcotics, in what world is Caulker worse than Steven Anderson?

As I say, based solely in Saturday, as that's the only time I've seen him in the flesh. 

Ahh completely and utterly failing to see my point on the steven caulker situation and just jumping clean on the old 'must hate the english patter'. Where have I ever said I hate the English and where have I ever said I don't want someone born in England playing for Scotland. Someone like Scott McTominay is exactly the type of person born in England who I do not have an issue playing for Scotland, someone who given the choice between Scotland and England has chosen Scotland, someone who obviously has a passion to play for Scotland and wants to play for us. Not someone who has had the choice, chosen England, won a cap, is now shite, will never play for England again so now wants to jump ship. That is not the type of person I want playing for Scotland. It's actually nothing to do with his nationality either, I would feel the same if he was Welsh, Irish or bloody Brazilian. He picked England thats it as far as im concerned. Hes also not even good enough. And actually taking away an opportunity for a young man who actually wants to play for us, such as mckenna, souttar or mcrorie who would not think twice about accepting a scotland call up, to instead award caulker another chance when he already turned us down before would be scandalous

On 10/03/2018 at 11:35, Peppino Impastato said:

Get him called up tomorrow

56 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Lol that's like his fifth game back after two years out.  Some of the pish you read on here is hilarious.  Wait till he's played 30.

Indeed.

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Lol that's like his fifth game back after two years out.  Some of the pish you read on here is hilarious.  Wait till he's played 30.

So you're saying he'll be shite until he's played regularly for a season but you want him in the Scotland squad straight away?