Scottish Cup 7th Round and Quarter Final Draw

josecc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think Douglas, Thorn and Goldenhill will be loving this, ( nobody seems to fancy them). Think at least one of them  can cause an upset on their day
Agree with you mate, I think whatever final 8 is left they will all be pretty evenly matched, only thing I disagree with is it wouldn't be any upset if Douglas, Thorn or Goldenhill progressed to the semis.....no easy games at this stage...

No easy games from here. Dumbarton 7-0 in the cale league and still in the west so clearly no pushovers. Goldenhill banging the goals in in there league and hardly conceded a goal and also still going in the west. Getting down to the nitty gritty and experience could go along way.

1 hour ago, GavinMc said:

Good draw for st pats. they will have to much for alba.  Shortlees v st pats final is my guess 

The douglas gaffer starting the mind games early on, on another thread he said he watched alba beat campsie and could surprise a few teams lol thats what its all about.

Whats the quality of goldenhill’s league like? It can be decieving sometimes when you see a team hammer everyone in there league. Could be that goldenhill are really good but could also be that the other teams in the league are average.

13 minutes ago, bootsanyone said:

oban alba and goldenhill all in last sixteen so would think the standard in there league must be ok

Aye was checking the league out there goldenhill took 8 off oban at the start of the season. Seems goldenhill’s miles ahead in there league in terms of quality. I don’t think they have lost a game this season so far or dropped any points in league. Still in all there domestic cups, scottish and west. Goldenhill favs for me I think looking very strong going by results.

40 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Aye was checking the league out there goldenhill took 8 off oban at the start of the season. Seems goldenhill’s miles ahead in there league in terms of quality. I don’t think they have lost a game this season so far or dropped any points in league. Still in all there domestic cups, scottish and west. Goldenhill favs for me I think looking very strong going by results.

Goldenhill do look miles ahead but the team that Oban had out that day was nowhere near their usual side so I'd expect them to be much more competitive next time they meet.

5 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Goldenhill do look miles ahead but the team that Oban had out that day was nowhere near their usual side so I'd expect them to be much more competitive next time they meet.

Aye should be. Have goldenhill and alba came up against each other yet?

5 hours ago, B McK said:
6 hours ago, never too old said:
Think Douglas, Thorn and Goldenhill will be loving this, ( nobody seems to fancy them). Think at least one of them  can cause an upset on their day

Agree with you mate, I think whatever final 8 is left they will all be pretty evenly matched, only thing I disagree with is it wouldn't be any upset if Douglas, Thorn or Goldenhill progressed to the semis.....no easy games at this stage...

Don,t think so either mate, that's my point , all 3 sides would be more than an able match for any of the fancied teams  that keep being mentioned.

On 08/02/2018 at 14:39, josecc said:

Bridgewater v Harestanes or Pennies

V

St Patrick's or Alba Thistle

Sandy's v Goldenhill or Tullibody Community

V

Oban Saints v Yoker United

Shotless v Dumbarton Academy

V

Douglas Athletic v Maryhill Black Star or Thorn

Tillicoultry v Stenhousemuir Community

V

Maryhill Thistle or Larkhall Thistle v Fallin or Bannockburn

Getting to the business end of the cup with some great matches to be played.

Too early predict I don’t know how can you write right good sides like Tullibody and Yoker, they could easily make the last 4 it’s anybodies this year 

Archived