East Fife v Queens Park

Sometimes you just have to put your hands up Queens Park well worth their victory. You can see the difference good coaching makes Queens well drilled and a defensive masterclass. East Fife second to every ball Queens much fitter and sharper. East Fife midfield none existent and no creativity , and a central defence pairing who are having a torrid time trying to find any form. On that 90 minutes and our last 2 games at Bayview I’d be surprised if any of the Bayview faithful parted with £ 15 in the name of entertainment. Only a 9 point cushion from the drop zone a big big improvement needed if we don’t want dragged into a dog fight. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Yeah.............I was confusing this with another set of stats I was looking at, embarrassing!!   Need to take mair waaater wi' it!!

This is what you were looking at but the game wasn't 30 minutes old.

Capture.PNG

Think our , pass pass pass pass pass pass , hoof it to Duggan tactic failed in the first few minutes. Sadly , it wasn't until late in the game they decided to change to a more , let's have a wee run at them tactic. That equally failed as we produced nothing at the end of it , and only proceeded to leave huge gaps which the organised QP were quick to exploit. #nopersilforgoaliekit

There have been many games we have lost this season we have been a bit unlucky, but not today Queens Park took control of the game after they scored and never at any time looked under any pressure. Queens Park delivered a brilliant team  performance we can only dream of. They fought hard for each other and won every battle all over the park. We could be doing with Gus Mcphersons defensive coaching manual as the way his team defended was something that has been missing from East Fife all season. All East Fife fans leaving the ground today all asking the same question , is Darren Young the right man for the job, with our last 3 performances at Bayview there has to be significant doubt. No idea what the board of directors think but that today would get football stopped . To play against the team bottom of the league and not have one shot on goal , tells you everything about how bad that was today.

How did Nimmo play on his debut ? Will he make a difference to the defence ?

Defence looked as stable as it has for a long time today. Big fella had a good debut. No mistakes, kept his line, solid tackles and lots of headers. Pretty much what you want in a CB. Very good at headers finding teammates. Gibby was the big difference though. Absolutely nothing got past him. Good all round performance from the back 4 plus White.

Kanna's a great addition. Apart from his goals, finds lots of space and has a good one touch. Second goal was a belter.

Davie Galt. One Man Army.

3rd home game on the bounce I have attended and tried my best to support the team I love! 3rd home game in a row I have left feeling ripped off! £15 to watch that garbage is daylight robbery! Seriously though, I take my hat of to the supporters who watch that shit week in week out! Taxi for Young! All the best Queens Park, by far the better team and a well deserved 3 points. [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

Better team took the 3 points in what was a really awful game to watch.  Some new guys but same old failings so what does that tell us!!! McManus seemed to be yet another defensive midfielder sitting just in front of the back four in the same mould as Docherty, Slattery, Miller. We are lacking a creative midfielder who supports the front one!!  Duggan seems to be continually isolated as balls are played about at the back then hoofed up the park. Extremely painful to watch as a lifelong EF supporter and it is difficult to see a way out of the mire at the moment.

Queens Park are not that much better than us but do have the measure of the way we play and fully deserved the 3 points as e couldn't cope wth the high ball from the back and No 11 Tom Dailey.

The performance of the team of officials again did not cause the loss of points but it did contribute to a dire game for spectators(although QP supporters probably dont See it that way having taken the points)

Losing 15 points to the bottom 2 teams is relegation material.

Time and time again this season, we think we’ve turned the corner and time and time again we have proved everyone wrong ! Firstly well played Queen’s Park, they came with a game plan, won their individual battles and worked hard for each, expertly directed and motivated by Gus MacPherson. We are well and truly on their mantelpiece.

Our record since defeating Airdrie 6-1 would have got many a manager the sack but we occasionally seem to pull one result out the hat to save Darren Young’s job. If was fairly obvious that some of the players didn’t fancy it yesterday as they know it’s always a battle against the Spiders. Some players look very low in confidence and should be benched. At times we pass the ball about at the back allowing teams to get back and organised before we hoof the ball forward towards Chris Duggan. Is this the managers plan ? To play a game against a team at the bottom of the league and not register one shot on target is an absolute disgrace - i mean no disrespect to Queens Park who defended very well.

the Board must take stock and look long term at the damage the product on the park is having on crowds. I know of a number of ‘diehards’ who have had enough and are no longer going to games. Once people get out the habit, they find other things to do with their time and many will never return. One fan who goes to every game home and away threw his scarf at the feet of Darren Young shouting he won’t be back as long as he is manager. Managers and players will come and go but supporters are the lifeblood of clubs. A director told me the problem is that in modern society people want instant success.  I think most fans are realistic in where our club should be. We don’t expect to be a Championship Club. We do however expect our team to be organised, motivated,  resilient and try to play decent football - it is supposed to be an entertainment business after all.. 

To have scored one goal (and even that was a dubious penalty) in three home games against the bottom two teams in the league and a Highland League team is nowhere near good enough ! To play a game and not even have a shot on target is appalling and will in no way encourage fans to return. Probably the most worrying thing is that we are not seeing any signs of progress. Let’s be honest, our chances of bursting into the promotion play offs went out the window with yesterday’s result. We will now be looking over our shoulders for the rest of the season, hoping and praying that teams below us don’t pick up enough points to catch us. I wouldn’t fancy our chances of staying up if we were in a relegation play off as we have a lack of leadership both on and off the park and I don’t think we’d have the stomach for it

34 minutes ago, DonnellyStirratMorrison said:

The performance of the team of officials again did not cause the loss of points but it did contribute to a dire game for spectators(although QP supporters probably dont See it that way having taken the points)

I'm looking forward to see the EFTV recording of the cancelled goal. It was a bit of a melee and if it was a genuine infringement the ref did well to spot it. But there were an awful lot of fouls around the pitch that were much more obvious that were either ignored or lightly punished. If the ref had applied consistency (ridiclous I know) then the goal might have stood and the pattern of play changed thereafter. I'd have been beelin if that was a QP goal chalked off.  

Rumours going around at bayview on Saturday are half the players are not turning up for training, if this is true the manager has lost the dressing room and has to go, i am going to Ayr on Saturday as i have already booked a seat on the supporters bus but after then i will pick and choose which games i go to both home and away and i sm a supporter that goes to almost every game, its no wonder guys that go occasionally have stopped watching as we were dire yesterday

Archived