Best thing that’s happened in your life?

Guest Moomintroll

I think I was at that Blondie set. Where there not some 'Healthy Scotland' people before them trying to get the, pissed, cold, wet crowd to do some exercise which was met with predictable scorn. I think that was the same year Odd Future bottled the crowd after the crowd bottled them.
Yeah can vaguely remember some annoying shouty people before it, think i buggered off to the bar at that point.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The usual stuff for me - meeting the missus, the wedding, moving into our new place and so on.

Heard one this week though - mate in work is a huge Philly Eagles fan, and when they won the Superbowl on Monday morning he burst out crying with joy and jumping about the living room at 3.15am. His missus came downstairs to see what was going on:

"You never cried when we got married...you never cried when you held your first born child. And you're crying NOW ....?"

So yeah, Eagles v Patriots for him.

When I got my hand crushed in a workplace accident, I asked the surgeon just before he operated on it if I would be able to play the piano afterwards and he said yes. What an amazing moment that was and really lifted my spirits.. 

I couldn’t play the piano before...

Beating Celtic 2-1 in the Cup. It’s the only time I’ve ever literally had tears of joy. I was only 12 and was teased all week at school saying we were going to get shagged and for us to totally pump them with the most dominant Clyde performance I’ve ever seen (no exaggeration) was just heaven. Every so often I watch the full game back again just to remind myself how good we were.

Something of a cliche but I’d have to go with Archie Gemmill’s goal against Holland in 1978. Seriously, I doubt I’ll ever experience that level of delirious happiness again.

For a while that was mine but it was matched one evening when I took home a wee stunner and pumped her. It soon took a sinister turn when the next morning I found out she was still in high school...

23 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Outside of Football, I'd say the day I graduated. Knowing how low I'd sunk 4 or 5 years previous and how hard I'd worked to try give myself a chance of a good future, it felt great to know I deserved it

As soon as the final exams were over a group of us got a last minute cheapie holiday on a Greek island. Someone took their sister along and we shagged like rabbits all week. Only 10/10  I've been with. Thick as f**k though so it didn't last. Best week of my life.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

For a while that was mine but it was matched one evening when I took home a wee stunner and pumped her. It soon took a sinister turn when the next morning I found out she was still in high school...

I hope you kept in touch with her. You never know when a friendship like that might come in handy years later.

I was at Hampden for the Griffiths goals and the celebrations were absolutely mental, proper bodies all over the shop, yet it was still absolutely nothing on David Grays header.

The Griffiths one was something else. I had bruises for weeks on my chest and back from rolling down the stairs in the north stand.

The David Gray one was watched at work, an entire floor of office workers cheering at the telly was surreal.

Not including the obvious like wife, kids, tidy birds shagged etc... 

Scoring a hattrick consisting of two top corners and a sweetly hit drive into the bottom corner. I was buzzing for weeks after that. 

9 letter word on my very first game on Countdown. 

Watching the Rovers beat Celtic to win the Coca Cola Cup and the consequent European run. 

Shooting a 75 at golf when I was playing off 24. Never been near that again. 

Archived