The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I notice that Livingston are resting up while the Premiership candidates battle it out, the winners of the Utd - Dunfermline play off have the same three games as Thistle et al before the playoff final.  I didn't realise how much this process favours the championship team.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gap is now 5pts and 3pts between County/Thistle and Dundee/Hamilton.

Thistle's goal difference is worth a point to Dundee and Accies so it means they need to win and draw one just to get ahead of Dundee/Accies.

County need to win both their remaining games just to get ahead of Dundee/Accies.

A draw tomorrow in the Dundee/Accies game will effectively mean both County and Thistle need two wins to overtake Dundee/Accies.

Gap is now 5pts and 3pts between County/Thistle and Dundee/Hamilton.

Thistle's goal difference is worth a point to Dundee and Accies so it means they need to win and draw one just to get ahead of Dundee/Accies.

County need to win both their remaining games just to get ahead of Dundee/Accies.

A draw tomorrow in the Dundee/Accies game will effectively mean both County and Thistle need two wins to overtake Dundee/Accies.

Our goal difference isn't worth a point. If we lose all our remaining games 2-0 and Thistle gain another 2 goals they go above us on goal difference.

Our goal difference isn't worth a point. If we lose all our remaining games 2-0 and Thistle gain another 2 goals they go above us on goal difference.

And of my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle.

At the moment our goal difference is superior and worth a point. 

We need to keep it that way.

Update pre Dundee- Accies- albeit it's getting to the stage where every scenario can be worked out

Hamilton 2%

Dundee 6%

Thistle 65%

County 77%

Mine using same logic

Hamilton 2%

Dundee 7%

Thistle 59%

County 82%

Breakdown

Safe% Playoff% Relegated %

Hamilton 96.3% 3.2% 0.5%
Dundee 88.6% 9.2% 2.2%
Thistle 10.2% 60.9% 28.9%
Ross County 4.9% 26.7% 68.4%

edit: from a Thistle POV this is where my feelings and the stats converge. The stats have an Accies win as better for us as we still have to play Dundee and there's only one result out of our control compared to two with Accies, but I have zero faith in us going to Dens and winning  if there's anything on the line for them.

Hamilton need to be relegated, f**k having pathetic away supports like this at SMP next season.
20180505_124749.thumb.jpg.8cea4b50a2cd8f968e3f524525065f99.jpg

Without Morgan it’s the Saints who’ll be detached by Xmas next season. Good crowd w**k post. Not as funny as having Craig Samson in goals.

Dundee officially cannot be automatically relegated.

To be in the play-off place we'd need to lose both our matches vs County and Partick with Partick having to win against Motherwell on Tuesday and there being a 10-goal swing in the process.

Dunfermline fucked it.

Because it means we will have at least 1 of County, Hamilton, Livi or United in the top flight next season.

Hopefully County and Hamilton go down. Livi up as at least they'll be whipping boys.

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a win for the Johnniess and draws at Firhill and in Dingwall on Tuesday...

Tuesday's ideal results would be wins for Dundee, St Johnstone and Thistle.

That would send down County - and good riddance - and leave you and Hamilton on the same points - with them ahead on goal difference.

We then let you win 10-2 next Saturday . . . .

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tuesday's ideal results would be wins for Dundee, St Johnstone and Thistle.

That would send down County - and good riddance and leave you and Hamilton on the same points - with them ahead on goal difference.

We then let you win 10-2 next Saturday . . . .

AD784BA8-A206-4757-BB65-5772F6F05C55.gif.7a2f8b7e76d26d1716a5a3e14b11367b.gif

Excellent. Thank you.

This could be the 2nd time in 3 years we get to deliver the coup de grace. Lovely jubbly. Would have been much nicer doing it today of course. If it’s a Livvy v Hamilton play off I’m going and in the Livvy end.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

This could be the 2nd time in 3 years we get to deliver the coup de grace. Lovely jubbly. Would have been much nicer doing it today of course. If it’s a Livvy v Hamilton play off I’m going and in the Livvy end.

That'll be nice for them.  It will help fill it up.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Hate is not the word.

You add nothing to this league and need emptied along with that mob from Hamilton.

Whereas thistle, st mirren, st Johnstone, Motherwell, killie and Dundee are globally recognised for their outstanding contribution to Scotland's top flight. 

f**k off you c**t. 

Archived