The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's certainly not something people should mock and it's most likely someone on here is related to someone with Downs. My burd has a relative who has Downs and although I wouldn't let her cook me dinner, she's absolutely brilliant at parties. Amazing sense of humour. 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

I said I was 20 when referring to my age. (Think that post is still up)
Then someone cracked a joke about that number being my IQ. (Harmless dig)

Then Fifespud replied sarcastically saying ‘Chromosomes?’ Intending that number was the amount of Chromosomes I had. Which I believe to be a joke that is offensive to people with Down syndrome who do actually have an abnormal amount of chromosomes which has such a consequential and unfortunate impact on their lives.

Make of that what you will although this post may get removed.

Just to clear that up, chromosome 20 abnormality, which he’s probably referring to, isn’t associated with Down’s syndrome but is associated with various physical and mental conditions. Horrendous in any case.

19 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

Back to the relegation battle, I'm going to have a punt at the final standings of the bottom 4.

9th - Dundee

10th - Partick

11th - County

12th - Hamilton

Points? Or is it just a personal wishlist based on nothing?

I said I was 20 when referring to my age. (Think that post is still up)
Then someone cracked a joke about that number being my IQ. (Harmless dig)

Then Fifespud replied sarcastically saying ‘Chromosomes?’ Intending that number was the amount of Chromosomes I had. Which I believe to be a joke that is offensive to people with Down syndrome who do actually have an abnormal amount of chromosomes which has such a consequential and unfortunate impact on their lives.

Make of that what you will although this post may get removed.

I can honestly say that any reference to Down Syndrome is entirely in your head and it never crossed my mind you would take it that way.

If I’ve genuinely upset you than I sincerely apologise.

For future reference Down Syndrome is caused by the non-disjunction of chromosome 21 so people that are affected by it have 47 chromosomes rather than 46 and hence have more chromosomes rather than less.

My (admittedly rather poor) attempt at humour was to suggest that you were some other species, other than a human and definitely not a suggestion that you were affected by Down Syndrome.

I'm not defending Spud's comments, which were tasteless but I think the pitchfork brigade, namely Rodger et al were just as tasteless in their retorts. Calling for bans on a football forum. Utterly tragic behaviour.

I'm not defending Spud's comments, which were tasteless but I think the pitchfork brigade, namely Rodger et al were just as tasteless in their retorts. Calling for bans on a football forum. Utterly tragic behaviour.

Really? So if you were in public and someone was openly making fun of someone with a disability, you’d put your feet up and let it happen, rather than calling them out for it?

Come on Ludo, thought you were better than that.

Really? So if you were in public and someone was openly making fun of someone with a disability, you’d put your feet up and let it happen, rather than calling them out for it?

Come on Ludo, thought you were better than that.

No, but that's an entirely different scenario you've painted.

Quite frankly, your behaviour over the past week and a bit has went from a bit of a shite wind up merchant to just downright embarrassing - on a football forum that takes some doing.

I'm not gonna get in a tit for tat with you as I've said my piece and prefer to speak shite about football.

No, but that's an entirely different scenario you've painted.

Quite frankly, your behaviour over the past week and a bit has went from a bit of a shite wind up merchant to just downright embarrassing - on a football forum that takes some doing.

I'm not gonna get in a tit for tat with you as I've said my piece and prefer to speak shite about football.

Unbelievable the lengths you would go for ‘one of your own’.

Shameless.

On 19/04/2018 at 23:42, Im_Rodger said:

Touchy bunch the Killie fans.

Any person with half a braincell could tell that was a light hearted joke. 

Bet even this pish patter will set him off:-

@Nadroj I'm fat because every-time I pump yer missus she makes me a meal.

Awaiting the tear stained response to this one. ;)

Rodger disgustingly insinuating that another poster has less than half a braincell. 

Is there no end to this shaming on a molecular level?

Rodger disgustingly insinuating that another poster has less than half a braincell. 
Is there no end to this shaming on a molecular level?

There are people that have an abnormal quantity of chromosomes.

There is no such existence of ‘half a brain cell’.

This is what I’m dealing with here, Jesus fucking Christ!

8 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

:1eye

I suppose it’s pointless to point out that there are no people with 20 chromosomes?

There are people with less brain cells than the norm and some of those people are disabled.

You are having a nightmare here imo.

3 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

P&B constitution.

Need it badly.

Very amusing seeing you on your high horse here about forum behaviour. Would your suggestion for "warning points" include people who remove entire match threads on a tear-stained whim, then repeatedly gloat about having done so afterwards, including suggesting that they will do so again?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's possible I've read that wrong, but are you suggesting people trying to get other folk banned from a football forum is as bad as calling someone disabled? 

It’s hard to tell if people are being serious on this thread or just all trolling/fishing and all the subsequent replies are tongue-in-cheek.

I hope they are. If people are going down the offended by everything route then Div should just close it all down.

Archived