The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How's your mate Donald trump getting on ?

Amazing.

Got Accies 6/6 points when he wrote to us.

Defeated ‘LIBERAL Partick Soccer Club’ [emoji736]
Turned America and Lanarkshire Red [emoji736]
Kept Hamilton Academical a Premiership Club [emoji824]

The third tick will arrive soon.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mad to think we cuffed St. Mirren 5-0 in a league cup match in July.

The gulf is huge IMO, however, based on the total lack of leaders and fight in our team, I'd expect that to be a leveller against a Championship team.  I would not fancy us to win at all. Can just imagine spice boys like Storey arriving at Cappielow and complaining about the facilities. 

I'd expect Ross County, Dundee or the like to have enough grit and ability to see off a Championship team.

Narrow chance we escape by the skin of our teeth, but far more likely we end up in the playoff spot.  Think we'll just about hold Ross Country off and then take our chances against whatever Championship side has limped through the playoffs.  Then the fun really begins.

13 hours ago, Snakebite said:

The gulf is huge IMO, however, based on the total lack of leaders and fight in our team, I'd expect that to be a leveller against a Championship team.  I would not fancy us to win at all. Can just imagine spice boys like Storey arriving at Cappielow and complaining about the facilities. 

I'd expect Ross County, Dundee or the like to have enough grit and ability to see off a Championship team.

Thats almost the opposite for Accies atm. Quality is rather low with exceptions like Templeton and some may even say Ferguson. However we have players like Imrie (Definition of club Captain) who may be limited in football ability, will never shite out of anything. Mackinnon was the GOAT at it before getting injured. 

All of the 4 bottom teams have tough final games before the split, so I think things will look fairly similar to the current standings as we go into DeathMatch mode...

I can honestly see us picking up maybe 1 win and a couple of draws maximum after the split, bearing in mind our atrocious post-split record in previous seasons - will 33 points be enough for safety??  No offence to the good citizens of Maryhill, but I'm hoping for a total collapse from them over the next month, it's about the only thing that will definitely save us - certainly wouldn't put any confidence in our mis-firing attack or calamitous defence!

4 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

All of the 4 bottom teams have tough final games before the split, so I think things will look fairly similar to the current standings as we go into DeathMatch mode...

I can honestly see us picking up maybe 1 win and a couple of draws maximum after the split, bearing in mind our atrocious post-split record in previous seasons - will 33 points be enough for safety??  No offence to the good citizens of Maryhill, but I'm hoping for a total collapse from them over the next month, it's about the only thing that will definitely save us - certainly wouldn't put any confidence in our mis-firing attack or calamitous defence!

You guys seem to be really shite, but seem to be able to beat us pretty easily, which will be important. Then again, despite being gubbins as well, we seem to own St Johnstone, so there's always that positive.

Really hard to predict the post-split fixtures, because right now we have no idea who will be playing for what. Dundee, Thistle and County are all definitely in the mix for 10th/11th/12th, but it really depends on how the other three do before then - some may well be in holiday mode by the time the last few games comes around. Ideally we'd finish with something like Saints away and Well at home as our post-split fixtures, hopefully with both on the beach by that point. We'd probably still manage to bottle it against teams that aren't even arsed, though.

23 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Amazing.

Got Accies 6/6 points when he wrote to us.

Defeated ‘LIBERAL Partick Soccer Club’ emoji736.png
Turned America and Lanarkshire Red emoji736.png
Kept Hamilton Academical a Premiership Club emoji824.png

The third tick will arrive soon.

This is genuinely the worst post in the entirety of P&B. :lol:

If team 11 really decided to give it a go against the championship side they could put up double figures over 2 legs. 
An absolute shitshow.

Highly doubtful, without checking the teams in question will be lucky to have double figure goals this calendar year. Don't underestimate how shite the bottom top teams are. County and Partick are horrendously bad

On 18/03/2018 at 22:48, Snakebite said:

You certainly tore us a sore one in that game what you don't seem to grasp is the fact we had a good few key players out. We are a completely different team from that game. It has to be remembered last season we were bottom of the championship for a long spell.  To date we are 8 points better off than Hibs at the same time last year an incredible achievement. Regarding the play off spot I see Livingston making the final who will be a very hard nut to crack would not be surprised if they made the premiership. 

A lot of folk seem happy to ignore the fact that Archie's record in crucial games is actually very good.

There's been a fair bit of hysteria after the weekend which whilst understandable to an extent after the abject first half showing, has been  exaggerated beyond belief as usual with us now being no match for Livingston or Morton, apparently.

St Mirren have steamrolled the Championship by virtue of finding a consistency that most others have utterly failed to do at any point. Without taking anything away from St Mirren, it is surely one of the poorest Championships in recent history; most teams have had +9 points at least thanks to a pathetic Brechin. 

If - and despite what folk would have you believe, that is still a relatively uncertain 'if' - we finish in the play-off spot, I would be very confident of beating whoever the Championship team would be; in fact, I'd back the Premiership team whoever it was.

Archived