Raith Rovers v Airdrie

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

Nice to see some optimism from Airdrie after the turbulations they’ve had this season.

I sincerely hope this optimism doesn’t bare fruit on Saturday though. Judging by our form at home, this would seem unlikely. But it is the Rovers.

Loved the word "turbulations"- should keep using it to get it in OED or did you get it there? It does kind of sum up what was going on off the field this season.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Loved the word "turbulations"- should keep using it to get it in OED or did you get it there? It does kind of sum up what was going on off the field this season.

Have to admit, I made it up. :lol: 

Our supporters in the main stand again. Wasn’t at the first game so don’t know what it’s like as we were always behind the goal previously. Has that stand been open this season?

More than likely Airdrie fans will be in the main stand. Stand behind the goals has only been opened for Ayr and East Fife so far.

Yeah they are as detailed on both club websites, only clubs that have had behind the goals in the league are Ayr & East Fife in the league, it was also open for Dunfermline in a pre-season friendly & Dundee in the Betfred Cup, it's not great in the Main Stand but all down to numbers.

We are scraping 1500 as it is, and we have had an excellent 10 years of you look at it. 2 Scottish Cup QF, 1 Semi Final, Challenge Cup win, 2nd division trophy, title race in first division and a very good 4th place finish.

Had we not had that we would possibly be sub 1k

A point for Airdrie would be considered a success here. A lot of new faces but the side is still settling and this will be a big test. Renewed optimism for the long term but not expecting too much from Saturday.

35 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Herron in the FFP

Must admit I'd like to see Herron and Robertson paired in central midfield with Vaughan moving up front with Furtado. No place, unfortunately, for Spence or Buchanan in the starting line up. 

That's what I would do this week as well, although Vaughan seems to be a bit of an injury doubt.

Not sure that Smith would drop Buchanan though.

Can’t see anything other than a 3-0 away win here tbh.

Hope to see the new boy Higgins in from the start, preferably in favour of Brownlie.

Does anyone know if McGregor if back from suspension?

Following our manager signing a new deal, signing our most promising youngsters up to long term deals and generally positivity around the club this week, I’m going to slightly revise my prediction.

3-0 Raith.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Following our manager signing a new deal, signing our most promising youngsters up to long term deals and generally positivity around the club this week, I’m going to slightly revise my prediction.

3-0 Raith.

That seems about right to me. :thumsup2:whistle:lol:

A point for Airdrie would be considered a success here. A lot of new faces but the side is still settling and this will be a big test. Renewed optimism for the long term but not expecting too much from Saturday.

I think we'd all do well to adopt this approach for the next wee while.
A draw would be a great result considering Raith have only dropped 2 points at home all season (i think!).
A battling performance with another good game from the defence might just sneak a point.

I think we'd all do well to adopt this approach for the next wee while.
A draw would be a great result considering Raith have only dropped 2 points at home all season (i think!).
A battling performance with another good game from the defence might just sneak a point.
Yup. We've not actually lost a league game at home since we sacked Gary Locke a year ago....

Away win then....

Archived