SSC Renewals

3 hours ago, THECHOPPER said:

Fingers crossed we will get to another tournament before I die emoji23.pngemoji23.png

A boy I work with was born in 1999, and it kinda depresses me to think that some people that are now old enough to work and earn a living have never seen Scotland play in a major tournament in their lifetime. Sad times.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

We still have the old fashioned method as well though. This is just instead of having shite, relatively meaningless friendlies, we have games that can directly lead to qualification. 

Anyone that understands the Nations League really shouldn’t be against it.

This, have to assume those that are against it are thinking it's replacing the other group stages.

What it's actually doing is meaning more competitive games (and therefore less shite friendlies) and an extra chance to qualify.

A boy I work with was born in 1999, and it kinda depresses me to think that some people that are now old enough to work and earn a living have never seen Scotland play in a major tournament in their lifetime. Sad times.

I was born in 1987 so I wasn’t old enough to remember many. Earliest memory was Euro 96 would love to be able to attend a major tournament. Fingers crossed [emoji1317][emoji1317].

We still have the old fashioned method as well though. This is just instead of having shite, relatively meaningless friendlies, we have games that can directly lead to qualification. 
Anyone that understands the Nations League really shouldn’t be against it.

Correct. It’s cringeworthy listening to pundits on the radio trying to get their heads around it.

My eight year old can understand it but Willie Miller can’t ? Fucks sake.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FifeArab said:

My card arrived yesterday morning, I’m off for the Portugal friendly so will head along If Ronaldo’s appearing.

When did you renew. I have still not got mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I could get my head around the nations league but I'm struggling with this, looking at the points page. 

I get that you now get 1 point for a home game and 2 for an away, but that the pre march 2018 away games don't retrospectively double. But the maximum away points is 20. Is it just coincidence that we've had that amount of away games since the points system changed that it's the same as 10 x 2?

Also when I log in the points for the home NL games haven't been added yet. 

19 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I could get my head around the nations league but I'm struggling with this, looking at the points page. 

I get that you now get 1 point for a home game and 2 for an away, but that the pre march 2018 away games don't retrospectively double. But the maximum away points is 20. Is it just coincidence that we've had that amount of away games since the points system changed that it's the same as 10 x 2?

Also when I log in the points for the home NL games haven't been added yet. 

The maximum is 20 right now but it'll gradually end up 32 (1pt renewal, 1pt being a member for so many years, 10 x 1pt for home games and 10x 2pts for away games, ). Right now (pre Albania away and Israel at home being added) it's 4pts for the 4 home games since March plus 6pts for the 6 away games from France away to Slovenia away and 8pts for the last 4 away games which totals 18 plus the 2 for renewal and being in the SSC for however many number of campaigns it was. It'll be up to 22 once they add on Albania away and Israel at home and remove whatever the 10th away game is.

Points should be added for the home NL games except Israel, they have for me so you'll need to contact the SSC if they haven't updated yours.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The maximum is 20 right now but it'll gradually end up 32 (1pt renewal, 1pt being a member for so many years, 10 x 1pt for home games and 10x 2pts for away games, ). Right now (pre Albania away and Israel at home being added) it's 4pts for the 4 home games since March plus 6pts for the 6 away games from France away to Slovenia away and 8pts for the last 4 away games which totals 18 plus the 2 for renewal and being in the SSC for however many number of campaigns it was. It'll be up to 22 once they add on Albania away and Israel at home and remove whatever the 10th away game is.

Points should be added for the home NL games except Israel, they have for me so you'll need to contact the SSC if they haven't updated yours.

Cheers. I'll wait until the points table etc has been updated then chase them for the Albania home one.

• 1 month later...

Genuine question folks. Me and my 8 year old son are going to get tickets for all the home European Qualifiers with the exception being the Belgium match. Is it worth becoming a SSC member or am I better off just waiting for tickets to go on general sale?

I know I’ll get a ticket for these games anyway you see.

Genuine question folks. Me and my 8 year old son are going to get tickets for all the home European Qualifiers with the exception being the Belgium match. Is it worth becoming a SSC member or am I better off just waiting for tickets to go on general sale?

You'll always get tickets on a general sale unless we get to a final game decider tbh. Even in that case, there will still be some sort of general sale.

On 1/11/2019 at 16:02, BB_Bino said:

Unless they increase the saving per match ticket from the £5 a game it has been recently then you'd be down money by getting a SSC membership for both of you.

Depending on your circumstances this might be the one campaign where it's worth it for people who only go to home games since you get a point per home game and if we somehow qualified for the euros and had games at Hampden it's likely any allocation the SFA get will be allocated on the terms of which members have the most points and they'd be gone before any general sale. You'd then need to take your chance in the UEFA ballot along with everyone else who applies.

19 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Depending on your circumstances this might be the one campaign where it's worth it for people who only go to home games since you get a point per home game and if we somehow qualified for the euros and had games at Hampden it's likely any allocation the SFA get will be allocated on the terms of which members have the most points and they'd be gone before any general sale. You'd then need to take your chance in the UEFA ballot along with everyone else who applies.

Oh that's a very valid point @Pie Of The Month, hadn't thought of that. Think I will just do it, cheers buddy :)

Archived