Phrases that scream a***hole

Interesting first two

Thank you for proving my point

I voted yes.
I believe Scotland needs independence

I do not believe we will get a United and progressive independence if we abuse those that disagree with us.

Win by argument not abuse.

Thank you for proving my point

I voted yes.
I believe Scotland needs independence

I do not believe we will get a United and progressive independence if we abuse those that disagree with us.

Win by argument not abuse.

What? I just said it was interesting that of all the words and phrases you could use you’d say them. Seems random.

The snowflake one I agree with. Fucking hate people using that.

What? I just said it was interesting that of all the words and phrases you could use you’d say them. Seems random.

The snowflake one I agree with. Fucking hate people using that.

Constantly see them on P&B

That why chosen

Orwell once wrote that you should never use a metaphor that you are used to seeing in print. I think a lot of the examples here are covered by that - phrases that describe real phenomena wear out with overuse and become cliche.

Phrases that annoy me, and these should maybe be in the Corporate bullshit thread, are “all that good stuff”and “blah blah blah”. In my work I have to often go into pieces of work and tasks with no notice and so need to get people already involved to being me up to speed. Those two phrases are used all the time when people don’t want to properly explain what the situation is, it really irks me. Either take the time to fully explain what’s going on or say you don’t know.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Orwell once wrote that you should never use a metaphor that you are used to seeing in print. I think a lot of the examples here are covered by that - phrases that describe real phenomena wear out with overuse and become cliche.

Phrases that annoy me, and these should maybe be in the Corporate bullshit thread, are “all that good stuff”and “blah blah blah”. In my work I have to often go into pieces of work and tasks with no notice and so need to get people already involved to being me up to speed. Those two phrases are used all the time when people don’t want to properly explain what the situation is, it really irks me. Either take the time to fully explain what’s going on or say you don’t know.

I don't know.