Phrases that scream a***hole

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm not sure if you can call a pub an arsehole, but the recent trend for pubs to advertise their menu as "street food". It's cooked in a kitchen with four walls and a ceiling, then brought to me on a ceramic plate, and eaten with a metal knife and fork. In what possible way is that "Street Food" ??

Bonus points if it's advertised as "pop-up street food" ... Especially if it's been there the last 15 years. 

There's a butcher shop on the old town not far from my flat, was taken over recently when the old guy who ran it died and he passed the company on to his son. The boy renamed it "Urban Food" which I had assumed was his attempt to make it a bit trendier. Turns out his surname is actually Urban(Pronounced "oor ban") and all he has done is put the family name on the place in honour of his dad.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

There's a burger van in Rosyth that has rebranded itself as "Scottish Street Food". Quite admire that. Artisan processed burgers, undercooked bacon rolls etc. 

Spatulas at the ready, we continue to fry.

There's a butcher shop on the old town not far from my flat, was taken over recently when the old guy who ran it died and he passed the company on to his son. The boy renamed it "Urban Food" which I had assumed was his attempt to make it a bit trendier. Turns out his surname is actually Urban(Pronounced "oor ban") and all he has done is put the family name on the place in honour of his dad.
So is he an arsehole or what?

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
5 hours ago, Ross. said:

So is he an arsehole or what?

Probably.

2 minutes ago, Manfred said:

Baby Boomers is a term used to describe those born in the post war baby boom in the ren years after ww2 you twat

I think it was established that the baby boomers generation ended in 1964 ish.

I assume the OK Boomer thing is an attempt to noise up condescending GenX/Yers talking down to The Yoof, as being lumped in with their parents would piss the auld yins off no end.

Seems to be working pretty well. Well played, Oaksoft Jnr.

22 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

slightly OT but an admirable illustration of the arsehole/car juxtaposition: my (now) boss at work and me were at some tedious meeting with a very successful female print company director; he was braying on about his new mercedes f-class or whatever the f**k it was, some tawdry piece of shit anyway - to which her response,clearly intended to make him look more of a c**t than he had already managed himself, was "oh really - that's exciting for you - if you get a chance, do come up to Brooklands for one of our promo days  - I'm a co-owner of the track and quite often take my Veyron for a spin round there...."

This happened to me, too. We were at a meeting with Tunnocks and some German company who were building machinery for Tunnocks. Our gaffer has a Tesla and basically never fails to mention it or how he drove from point A to B without touching the steering wheel. Toe curling material.

German boy come out with something along the lines of "can we push this meeting on, the Learjet is fuelled and we were hoping to get home today."