Jump to content

Berwick vs Clyde


Recommended Posts

  • It would help Berwick's cause if the referees had a basic knowledge of the rules. The officials yesterday behaved like they had no interest in football and had just been sent there from the job centre.

 

  • Extract from the laws on taking a penalty:-
  •  
  • play will be stopped and restarted with an indirect free kick, regardless of whether or not a goal is scored for......
  •  
  • Feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker 
Is it "feigning" of he accidently slips? Feigning implies that it's deliberate.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goodwillie slipped because he stopped abruptly in his attempt to fool the keeper. You are not allowed to do that in the last stride of the run up.

Doesn't much matter.  But I do think the ref will be getting extra lessons in the back room of SFA towers.

Gutting finish yesterday, but some promising signs that  Robbie Horn is slowly getting things right.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goodwillie slipped because he stopped abruptly in his attempt to fool the keeper. You are not allowed to do that in the last stride of the run up.
Doesn't much matter.  But I do think the ref will be getting extra lessons in the back room of SFA towers.
Gutting finish yesterday, but some promising signs that  Robbie Horn is slowly getting things right.
 
Maybe Goodwillie slipped cos the pitch is shite ?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

If he slipped or if he did not slip is irrelevant, he stopped after his last step before striking the ball therefore no goal should have been the decision...

If a player running to make a tackle slips on one foot sending his balance backwards resulting in both feet going over the ball and cleaning out another players shins studs first he will still be sent off!

If Berwick kick up enough fuss, as this is not an opinion matter, video clearly exists showing that he stopped, then, as it was a failure of the officials to apply the laws of the game correctly, the game result could be changed.

Remember the womens international with England when they replayed the last 8 minutes or whatever of the game because of a failure to apply the laws of the game correctly by the referee.

IN THIS CASE, AS THE REFEREE NEVER RESTARTED THE GAME AFTER THE GOAL, THE GAME ENDED, THEN A SIMPLE DECISION TO DECLARE A 0-0 DRAW AS THE OFFICIAL RESULT WOULD SOLVE THE ISSUE. THE PENALTY WAS THE LAST ACT OF THE GAME AND SO BERWICK WOULD NEVER HAVE TAKEN ANY FREE KICK AWARDED.

DISCUSS...........???

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, The Pidgeon said:
  Hide contents

If he slipped or if he did not slip is irrelevant, he stopped after his last step before striking the ball therefore no goal should have been the decision...

If a player running to make a tackle slips on one foot sending his balance backwards resulting in both feet going over the ball and cleaning out another players shins studs first he will still be sent off!

If Berwick kick up enough fuss, as this is not an opinion matter, video clearly exists showing that he stopped, then, as it was a failure of the officials to apply the laws of the game correctly, the game result could be changed.

Remember the womens international with England when they replayed the last 8 minutes or whatever of the game because of a failure to apply the laws of the game correctly by the referee.

IN THIS CASE, AS THE REFEREE NEVER RESTARTED THE GAME AFTER THE GOAL, THE GAME ENDED, THEN A SIMPLE DECISION TO DECLARE A 0-0 DRAW AS THE OFFICIAL RESULT WOULD SOLVE THE ISSUE. THE PENALTY WAS THE LAST ACT OF THE GAME AND SO BERWICK WOULD NEVER HAVE TAKEN ANY FREE KICK AWARDED.

DISCUSS...........???

 

Or you could dry your eyes and get over it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does this mean any club can kick up enough fuss to have a result overturned or replayed on the back of an error by a referee? In that case the SFA are going to have to hire more than just a new manager and CEO. They’re going to be busy. Good news for us though, if Saturday is declared a draw we will get those 2 points back from our draw with Cowdenbeath when they were given a penalty in injury time when any foul seen was outside the box. There would be dozens of matches all over Scotland with results changed or matches replayed on the back of referee incompetency/mistakes.

In every other instance where a referee has been found to be in error, normally a big decision in more high profile matches, the referee will be demoted. They will not replay or change the result of a match. If deemed fit to do so the referee will be reprimanded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Does this mean any club can kick up enough fuss to have a result overturned or replayed on the back of an error by a referee? In that case the SFA are going to have to hire more than just a new manager and CEO. They’re going to be busy. Good news for us though, if Saturday is declared a draw we will get those 2 points back from our draw with Cowdenbeath when they were given a penalty in injury time when any foul seen was outside the box. There would be dozens of matches all over Scotland with results changed or matches replayed on the back of referee incompetency/mistakes.

In every other instance where a referee has been found to be in error, normally a big decision in more high profile matches, the referee will be demoted. They will not replay or change the result of a match. If deemed fit to do so the referee will be reprimanded.
 

Whether a foul is inside or outside is a matter of opinion, this was not... it was a failure to apply the laws of the game... FIFA have set a precident on this with the mentioned international, also ONLY BECAUSE THE MATCH ENDED WITHOUT A RESTART no other factors can have been argued to influence the overall match result, had the ref restarted the match and played a few seconds more then we have a different situation. The match should have ended when Goodwillie stopped his run up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Pidgeon said:

Whether a foul is inside or outside is a matter of opinion, this was not... it was a failure to apply the laws of the game... FIFA have set a precident on this with the mentioned international, also ONLY BECAUSE THE MATCH ENDED WITHOUT A RESTART no other factors can have been argued to influence the overall match result, had the ref restarted the match and played a few seconds more then we have a different situation. The match should have ended when Goodwillie stopped his run up.

 

Aye because referees regularly blow for full time when a player is taking a penalty. :huh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Probably worth contacting the United Nations about this. The ridiculous Big Team Bias must end.

:lol: the point here is that it is unlikely... no actually there is just no way that Cowdenbeath will win 5 more games than Berwick do from the 13 games remaining... equally Berwick will not win 5 more games than Stenhousemuir do... so...

Berwick will not make the playoffs nor will they finish bottom... so...

This is a totally unbaised chance to debate the events of Saturday as, which ever way you paint it, it does not matter one little bit in the bigger picture...

Just a chance to discuss opinions on referees I suppose and on what should or should not be done in such situations.

It would be nice if we could see the official observers view of the incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG_0217.jpg

This is before he stops or slips. One, if not two, Berwick players have committed an offence by encroaching into the penalty area. So by he laws of the game If it’s to be taken a face value and no other circumstance taken in to account like slipping etc, at this point he misses it’s a retake, he scores it’s a goal. Does one offence get overlooked for the sake of the other? I don’t know. I, like most in here have not been in any referee courses. The referee might well be asked to clarify his thoughts on the penalty. More than likely won’t though.

He certainly won’t be asked to travel down the A1 to order a retake because an under 19’s match once did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

IMG_0217.jpg

This is before he stops or slips. One, if not two, Berwick players have committed an offence by encroaching into the penalty area. So by he laws of the game If it’s to be taken a face value and no other circumstance taken in to account like slipping etc, at this point he misses it’s a retake, he scores it’s a goal. Does one offence get overlooked for the sake of the other? I don’t know. I, like most in here have not been in any referee courses. The referee might well be asked to clarify his thoughts on the penalty. More than likely won’t though.

He certainly won’t be asked to travel down the A1 to order a retake because an under 19’s match once did.

jeesus! The Sloping pitch seems have got worse.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...