Berwick vs Clyde

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Score with the last kick of the game and a pitch invasion. I can now officially die happy. 

I had DGW FGS and Clyde on a treble  with Stirling and Montrose :lol:

Penalty looked like Goodwillie stuck his leg out to buy the contact. Guy coming in the other side may have brought him down regardless. Certainly very few complaints from Berwick players.

The actual taking of the kick; I'd love to know what the actual rule is. He actually seemed to stop because he'd not hit the ball yet, maybe waiting for the keeper to go down. 

We probably didn't do enough to win the game but Berwick absolutely deserved to lose it. Played for a 0-0 from minute one. Goalie MotM says it all.

Nicoll MotM for me. Plenty of effort and fight from the rest, even if it wasn't a great performance.

Pleased to hear Nicoll continuing his great form. Loved him first time around and agility might not be there as much but huge player for us.

In DGW he could just be the differance between Play off or not & finally massive respect to board for getting rid o chapman when they did & we might just get that 4th spot.

Lot of teams will be watching on...

Weekends great again

15 minutes ago, David W said:

Penalty looked like Goodwillie stuck his leg out to buy the contact. Guy coming in the other side may have brought him down regardless. Certainly very few complaints from Berwick players.

The actual taking of the kick; I'd love to know what the actual rule is. He actually seemed to stop because he'd not hit the ball yet, maybe waiting for the keeper to go down. 

We probably didn't do enough to win the game but Berwick absolutely deserved to lose it. Played for a 0-0 from minute one. Goalie MotM says it all.

Nicoll MotM for me. Plenty of effort and fight from the rest, even if it wasn't a great performance.

I always thought that a player could ‘stall’ in his run up to the ball but couldn’t actually stop. Just saw someone’s FB clip of the penalty and he definitely stops before hitting it. 

However, curiosity got the better of me so I checked the rules (sad I know). The rules state that a player can ‘feign’ in the run up but cannot ‘feign’ during shooting. Doesn’t say anything about stopping. So unless I missed something in the rules, penalty was ok. 

Archived