Motherwell vs St Johnstone 6/2/18

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see if we continue with the back five or revert to a four. We absolutely battered Hearts on Saturday but just lacked that hit of fortune, so you'd hope a similar performance can yield more this time. 

Mannus

Foster - Shaughnessy - Anderson - Kerr - Tanser 

Willock - Davidson - Scougall 

Kane - Johnstone 

Would be worth a go, I reckon. Maybe take Scougall out for Craig if Motherwell are expected to go with a similar up. 

Our away form over the past year has been good and I'd hope if we could produce a performance like Saturday's that we'd get our rewards this time. The manager opted for a good team and system at Tynecastle but that doesn't mean it'll necessarily be the correct approach for this one. He's got to prove his mettle and get it right again.

I've probably said it the last few times we've met but Motherwell must be due a result against us though.

19 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

With Motherwell scoring first of course.

Naturally.

Hartley's out, as is Newell (quelle suprise) according to Lasley in today's press conference.

For us the keeper, back 3 and strikers pick themselves it's what happens in midfield that seems to be an absolute clusterfuck that we've never really got to grips with. We have creative players in Bigirimana, Tanner and Frear (who, granted, has been injured) we just seem incapable of fitting them into the side effectively.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Rose came back into the picture for this one, Tait as well give Hendrie only got 45 mins on Saturday.

Carson
Kipré Aldred Dunne
Cadden Campbell McHugh Rose Tait
Ciftci Main

As Casagolda says, this has all the makings of an absolute shitfest.

I'm considering going. 

My only previous trip saw us being absolutely pumped, MOH giving up after five Minutes, Darnell Fisher have an absolute nightmare and the PA system almost deafen me. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm considering going. 

My only previous trip saw us being absolutely pumped, MOH giving up after five Minutes, Darnell Fisher have an absolute nightmare and the PA system almost deafen me. 

You would have got to see Craig Thomson's first appearance though, so swings and roundabouts.

This season we are Perthshire 4 Lanarkshire 0, so to keep our 100% record going would be great.  Really need to take something from this game. 

Wonder if the team selection will reflect us having three games this week...?

7 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

How was Johnstone the other day? As much as Macca needs some one away from the starting XI I just think Johnstone is a total donkey...

Johnstone is a total donkey, thing is Macca is past it. I'd play Kane up top with Scougall and O'Reilly(if fit) just behind him, Willock and Muzz breaking play up in the centre with a 5/3 behind them. That's plenty of pace and movement in the forward areas, what we've been crying out for.

I think we'll lose this game, and we'll lose it while aimlessly punting 60 yard balls up the park hoping for the best. 
Motherwell 0-3 St. Johnstone

Please do that, we dealt with Hearts aerial bombardment quite comfortably and I don’t think Motherwell have anyone as good in he air as Lafferty?

Archived