Britannia

King Kebab

Is anybody else watching this???

I'm halfway through the nine episodes and I still can't yet make up my mind as to whether or not it is a fantastic, groundbreaking piece of well acted television or if it's one of the biggest piles of overblown pish I've ever seen, but at the same time I'm hooked!!!

59 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I'm halfway through the nine episodes and I still can't yet make up my mind as to whether or not it is a fantastic, groundbreaking piece of well acted television or if it's one of the biggest piles of overblown pish I've ever seen, but at the same time I'm hooked!!!

I binged the whole set, and really enjoyed it. 

I posted in another thread on here, the weirdest thing for me, though, was that Gauls, Romans, Britons & whoever else can all converse with each other effortlessly. No language barrier. And it was nice to see PC Nick Klein from The Bill again.

I'm upto episode 6 and feel exactly the same.

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I'm with you on this too. There's a lot more humour than Vikings for example. Some of the acting is great, some is tongue in cheek, some is pish but it's still strangely watchable. 

17 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Same here. I've watched it all. 

Still don't know if it was great or crap but it was strangely addictive. 

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 21:10, Big Rider said:

What's not like about the theme tune? Surely everyone likes a bit of Donovan?

Agreed. Seems to me a 60's psychedelia anthem was the perfect choice.

Agree with most of the comments. Watched all the episodes, but don't really know why.

Half way through episode four and really enjoying it. It's a bit mental, but I can't stop watching. Might go for episode five before bed as it's only Friday tomorrow.

Also, Donovan is a top boy. People that don't like Hurdy Gurdy Man need to take a long hard look at themselves. I'm very disappointed in them.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That’s it, they’re all up today, I’m actually really looking forward to this in a way and I’m hope they keep it as wonderfully weird and shit at the same time as the 1st Season was, and that they haven’t attempted to “fix” anything!!!

Different Donovan song for the main theme though!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It’s been a while but it’s back tonight (Tues 24th) on SkyAtlantic at 9pm!!!

I really hope it’s as brilliantly pish as the last two Seasons, if so it’ll be epic!!!