Rise o the saints

Whit aboot the Saints tho every tine a gan away tae work and come back tbeve got better and better fae bottom to top first few months ago the were bottom then 10th then 7th then hinging aboot the top 5 noo top ok still early doors and teams hey games but no bad from a management team that were shit according tae some folk just shows Whit can be done when players  bolt oot the gate a was at the game on Saturday different class if oor club have any sense they get this management team tied doon fur the future

31 minutes ago, Mr Kirkcudbright said:

Whit aboot the Saints tho every tine a gan away tae work and come back tbeve got better and better fae bottom to top first few months ago the were bottom then 10th then 7th then hinging aboot the top 5 noo top ok still early doors and teams hey games but no bad from a management team that were shit according tae some folk just shows Whit can be done when players  bolt oot the gate a was at the game on Saturday different class if oor club have any sense they get this management team tied doon fur the future

So they should be with the money they throw around

Different class on Saturday apparently newton were all over the mighty saints but couldn’t score

Doesn't matter if Newton should have taken something from this game. The fact is Saints management team deserve credit as Mr K says for turning their season around. Next problem could come if they win the League!.

Oh how the mighty have fallen! Saints brought crashing back down to earth with a big bump after Saturday’s scoreline. Shows what happens when they come against a top side.
Mr Frazer making a fool of himself again I hear. How many times has he been sent off this season now? 2 or 3.
Info their is more chance of Newton Stewart winning the League than St Cuthberts.

The Saints hey the best management team in the south by a country mile what they ken the way they coach Razor has potential tae be a top manager and the Frazer lad is a breath o fresh air tae a league seek o managers that stand and do nowt least he's got a bit o character and folk knock him it looks like jelousy to be fair the lad kens his stuff teams in this league that just keep managers fur the sake o it cos there ex players or something just to cleeky at least Saints went fur the best that was available 

It's unbelievable how many times I come on this site and see nothing but negativity and aggression between certain people and clubs, I'm a member of a few sites at different levels of the Scottish game and the south pie and bovril is by far the worst, for such a small geographical area there is so much hatred in the game, the St Cuthberts management team especially Craig Fraser seems to get the brunt of this and although Mr Ks comments above might be a bit bias but I do agree with some of what he says, I was at St Cuthberts vs Lochar on Saturday which is quite a treck for me but it had all the ingredients to be a cracker but unfortunately only one team turned up on the day, yes  Craig Fraser got into a bit of handbags with a couple of the Lochar players but it was something and nothing, and to reply to Aguerooooo who seems to know very little about our game he's just got a huge chip on his shoulder, I see no problem in how Craig Fraser conducts himself and yes it is a breath of fresh air to a small and  at times stale league , he's passionate! I've spoke to people in certain circles and he definitely knows what he's doing (coaching) the way acts especially on the touchline is the norm in the junior and professional game you wouldn't believe what goes on in a top junior derby, I just feel he's new and fresh and different to south football and because it's that close a community people are maybe not used to it,I can't help but feel that people who are negative towards him, Raymond Gordon and St Cuthberts its fear because St Cuthberts are a big club and now have a good management team to back their resources up can only be good for the future, because let's face it look what they've managed to do with a squad of players that are and I don't mean to be disrespectful but aren't the strongest as in previous years, well rant over it's a great day for some snowy photos, enjoy your day people!

It's unbelievable how many times I come on this site and see nothing but negativity and aggression between certain people and clubs, I'm a member of a few sites at different levels of the Scottish game and the south pie and bovril is by far the worst, for such a small geographical area there is so much hatred in the game, the St Cuthberts management team especially Craig Fraser seems to get the brunt of this and although Mr Ks comments above might be a bit bias but I do agree with some of what he says, I was at St Cuthberts vs Lochar on Saturday which is quite a treck for me but it had all the ingredients to be a cracker but unfortunately only one team turned up on the day, yes  Craig Fraser got into a bit of handbags with a couple of the Lochar players but it was something and nothing, and to reply to Aguerooooo who seems to know very little about our game he's just got a huge chip on his shoulder, I see no problem in how Craig Fraser conducts himself and yes it is a breath of fresh air to a small and  at times stale league , he's passionate! I've spoke to people in certain circles and he definitely knows what he's doing (coaching) the way acts especially on the touchline is the norm in the junior and professional game you wouldn't believe what goes on in a top junior derby, I just feel he's new and fresh and different to south football and because it's that close a community people are maybe not used to it,I can't help but feel that people who are negative towards him, Raymond Gordon and St Cuthberts its fear because St Cuthberts are a big club and now have a good management team to back their resources up can only be good for the future, because let's face it look what they've managed to do with a squad of players that are and I don't mean to be disrespectful but aren't the strongest as in previous years, well rant over it's a great day for some snowy photos, enjoy your day people!

After all my time at the south... I can 100% agree with this! Couldn’t have said it much better myself

Yur absolutely bang on South fan folk in the south are to busy slaggin each other than sayin well done two lads are doing a geed job at oot wee club Raymond is a local lad and He's loving the  job my only fear is the Frazer lad mite move on if clubs cum  calling cos he must be attracting folk looking only geed thing is where can he gan in the area he's at yin of the biggest if no big club that Aguerooo is oot his tree green eed monster

Agree with most of the points you raise Mr Frazer won,t go anywhere unless he curbs his temper tantrums as he will be banned most weeks. I worry about our top teams in South Threave , Saints,  lack ambition should be pushing on to get into lowland league. Think South will get left behind in pyramid system . Could SFA  pull plug on member clubs  if they show no attempt to  enter lowland league eventually  stopping money they get every season.

21 minutes ago, South fan 2 said:

Agree with most of the points you raise Mr Frazer won,t go anywhere unless he curbs his temper tantrums as he will be banned most weeks. I worry about our top teams in South Threave , Saints,  lack ambition should be pushing on to get into lowland league. Think South will get left behind in pyramid system . Could SFA  pull plug on member clubs  if they show no attempt to  enter lowland league eventually  stopping money they get every season.

I agree about the pyramid South Fan 2

1 hour ago, fullback said:

I agree about the pyramid South Fan 2

You would Fullback , easy to say when it’ll never be an issue for some ! As for South Fan 2 questioning the ambition of Threave , Saints and the other member Clubs that’s all right when at this current moment in time they have far more to lose and very little to gain certainly in terms of finance and holding on to their players and most likely they would surely struggle to field teams in midweek games in the Central belt ! Geographically the Lowland League is a nightmare for teams in the South West and surely the best way forward in the Pyramid system is to look at the reason why it doesn’t appear to be the ‘Promised Land’ for teams in this League 

17 hours ago, AML67 said:

You would Fullback , easy to say when it’ll never be an issue for some ! As for South Fan 2 questioning the ambition of Threave , Saints and the other member Clubs that’s all right when at this current moment in time they have far more to lose and very little to gain certainly in terms of finance and holding on to their players and most likely they would surely struggle to field teams in midweek games in the Central belt ! Geographically the Lowland League is a nightmare for teams in the South West and surely the best way forward in the Pyramid system is to look at the reason why it doesn’t appear to be the ‘Promised Land’ for teams in this League 

I’m not questioning any clubs ambition, the location of our league is the problem. Not our clubs

I am using Threave and Saints as an example and know they both have hard working people at there clubs as have all South teams. I worry about our league  as I believe it will be left behind in the pyramid system I understand all the problems teams would have with players and travelling . Do we try and build our own league  tell SFA were not interested in pyramid system our do we stay feeder league for teams like Edu and Bonnington to progress  through the league's. 

2 hours ago, South fan 2 said:

I am using Threave and Saints as an example and know they both have hard working people at there clubs as have all South teams. I worry about our league  as I believe it will be left behind in the pyramid system I understand all the problems teams would have with players and travelling . Do we try and build our own league  tell SFA were not interested in pyramid system our do we stay feeder league for teams like Edu and Bonnington to progress  through the league's. 

For me unless the Pyramid system is radically looked at we here in the South West will geographically and therefore financially always be up against it ! Personally I’d prefer not to knock Edu and Bonnyton for perhaps showing a little more enthusiasm in attempting to climb the ladder although the former didn't have to shell out to meet the Lowland criteria with a ground share at Galabank and all the best coaches their tuition fees can supply and the latter clearly is far better located than most to attempt the jump. The bottom line is surely the weekly 100+ miles to Stirling , Glasgow , Edinburgh or the Borders simply to fulfil fixtures , some even in midweeks which would cost the local member Clubs astronomical sums. This simply wouldn’t be sustainable and as Neily alluded to earlier lads would have to give up their entire Saturdays or find a way to be available say 4 hours prior to midweek kick offs to have any chance of making these venues in time. How would the member Clubs cope in this scenario I ask you - well if we use Threave as an example and I’m certainly not knocking them although we all realise the struggles they had in the Lowland - it’s simply trying to get lads available from work ( an unlikely scenario at our level ) or being realistic and saying much as we’d all love to win the League and then even assuming we could beat the likes of a  Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale or a Kelty type of team over two legs then face the daunting prospect of finding yourself in completely unrealistic situation where not only financially but player wise you’d really struggle to cope in the LL . Surely Fullback , South Fan 2 and everyone else out there know this is the unfortunate bottom line we in the SOSFL find ourselves in 

18 minutes ago, Eck’s played a blinder said:

For me unless the Pyramid system is radically looked at we here in the South West will geographically and therefore financially always be up against it ! Personally I’d prefer not to knock Edu and Bonnyton for perhaps showing a little more enthusiasm in attempting to climb the ladder although the former didn't have to shell out to meet the Lowland criteria with a ground share at Galabank and all the best coaches their tuition fees can supply and the latter clearly is far better located than most to attempt the jump. The bottom line is surely the weekly 100+ miles to Stirling , Glasgow , Edinburgh or the Borders simply to fulfil fixtures , some even in midweeks which would cost the local member Clubs astronomical sums. This simply wouldn’t be sustainable and as Neily alluded to earlier lads would have to give up their entire Saturdays or find a way to be available say 4 hours prior to midweek kick offs to have any chance of making these venues in time. How would the member Clubs cope in this scenario I ask you - well if we use Threave as an example and I’m certainly not knocking them although we all realise the struggles they had in the Lowland - it’s simply trying to get lads available from work ( an unlikely scenario at our level ) or being realistic and saying much as we’d all love to win the League and then even assuming we could beat the likes of a  Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale or a Kelty type of team over two legs then face the daunting prospect of finding yourself in completely unrealistic situation where not only financially but player wise you’d really struggle to cope in the LL . Surely Fullback , South Fan 2 and everyone else out there know this is the unfortunate bottom line we in the SOSFL find ourselves in 

I agree fully 

39 minutes ago, South fan 2 said:

I agree with what you say as dalbeattie are struggling this season to get a side most weeks. The problem is we're in a pyramid system that probably most of teams in South don't want to be in .

There in lies the real problem ! Heard from a friend tonight that the Edu spokesman on the Radio on Saturday estimated they’d need 65-100k budget to compete with teams at the top of the Lowland to be successful ! No wonder the South teams don’t really want to contemplate LL football and potentially a long and difficult season 

Archived