Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Relatively sure he left because he didn't exactly see eye to eye with Hopkin. I'm sure he had an issue with his attitude and the reason for a majority of his injuries were one of the main reasons they didn't get on too well. A large reason he moved on though was his lofty wages which he didn't seem to justify though

What was the reason for the majority of his injuries?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

About our players feigning being injured, which was what was being discussed.

I doubt very much that they were feigning injury, but I can guarantee that they took a lot longer to recover than they would have if you were behind and chasing the game.

A lot of folk get enraged at this type of thing, but It doesn't really bother me as it's exactly what I would expect our players to do in the same circumstances.

Just now, FTOF said:

I doubt very much that they were feigning injury, but I can guarantee that they took a lot longer to recover than they would have if you were behind and chasing the game.

A lot of folk get enraged at this type of thing, but It doesn't really bother me as it's exactly what I would expect our players to do in the same circumstances.

Fans are always cynical of opposition players going down though, me included, we never give them benefit of the doubt and always assume they're at it, or milking it for longer than needed. We're like, aye he's at it, then a stretcher comes on and he's being taken off on it and we're saying, aye ok then maybe he was really injured.:lol:

Photographs from the game:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm78UkPq

If you don't want to relive the action you can always play spot yourself in the crowd?

On the subject of time wasting my pet hate is when a free kick is awarded and the "opposition" player deliberately runs towards the ball or picks it up and proceeds to walk away with it to stop a quick take of the free kick. I know all team do it but it really frustrates me. Sometimes the referee will talk to the offending player but all that means is that the opposition have even more time to organise their defence.

Picking the ball up and running away with it should definitely be due a caution but rarely will the referee act on it. Its become so much of the norm that its almost looked upon as part of the game now.

11 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Photographs from the game

All I wanted to see again was Miller's goal. At the time I was unsure if it was a sclaff, a bit of luck or a genuine bit of class - it seems to be a combination of the latter two. Now that's been done I will happily erase all knowledge of this game.

21 hours ago, Durnford said:

Fair enough but the stats did show that Buchanan made a number of appearances for you (although I don't know how many of those were off the bench) and scored two goals apparently.

Must admit being quite mystified by your defence's performance; some times they looked organised and prepared but often not; I wonder how much the cock-up by Samson earlier actually affected his confidence leaving him reluctant to communicate with his back line? As I say that's pure speculation; obviously your position in the league doesn't lie and implies a consistently solid performance so possibly just one of those days.

He was quite solid most of the time, but had a couple of howlers, and was always going to be behind Davis and Mackenzie when fit. Baird's form meant he was well out of the picture. Baird had one of his few poor games on Saturday, but then you have the performance at East End Park which has been more like the norm for him. Sure he'll bounce back strongly. The early ballsup between him and Samson affected both, and spread to Davis as Baird got panicky.

Buchanan is a good, solid defender, and I'd have been happy to keep him if he'd been happy to bide his time as backup. Good for him for wanting to go and play games rather than sit and collect his wage.

Archived