Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livi fans: I'm just weighing up travel options for the weekend (from NE England).

Is the train via Embra a realistic proposition? Tickets are about £55 and I'd probably spend more than that on petrol: might as well relax and have a couple of drinks. Google says it's a couple of miles on foot from Livi South. 

If I did drive, is it easy enough to park nearby? 

This thread will ( by Saturday evening) turn into...oh look St Mirren have won another game. A good rest for us and a clear focus for us from now to the end of the season, one game at a time, keep winning, and let the other teams below us cut each others throats.  As i said before we'll win this game and be 17 points clear on Saturday night. Dundee Utd are in freefall so they can forget about their games in hand they'll not win them all.

Livi fans: I'm just weighing up travel options for the weekend (from NE England).
Is the train via Embra a realistic proposition? Tickets are about £55 and I'd probably spend more than that on petrol: might as well relax and have a couple of drinks. Google says it's a couple of miles on foot from Livi South. 

Trains from Edinburgh to Livingston North are pretty frequent on the slow line from Edinburgh to Glasgow. Then it's a couple of miles down the road to the stadium.

56 minutes ago, gc_smfc said:

Trains from Edinburgh to Livingston North are pretty frequent on the slow line from Edinburgh to Glasgow. Then it's a couple of miles down the road to the stadium.

OK, cheers, I'll look at prices for that station instead.

Edit: train booked. ^_^

I don't get to many games in the flesh. Very excited.

Hunners of places to park in Livi for the football, but i'd park at the stadium carpark so you can moan about how much it cost you later.:thumsup2

Best place to park is St Margaret's academy which is free and available for parking at weekends. Then a 5 minutes walk which takes you out at the astro pitches by the East/north stand. You'll prob be in the East stand anyway with St Mirren bringing a large support.

9 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

I have it on good authority Ryan hardie hates us and will be desperate to put us to the sword.

Yep, he's scored a couple of hattricks against you. But we'd have to actually supply him with decent balls for him to have a shot at goal, and not just lump high balls up to him all game, which I think we'd prob do if Gallagher is in midfield and Byrne isn't playing.

My big worry for us is that Gallagher is in midfield from the start; that would kill any sort of energy we have in there and renders the whole point of the 3-5-2 pointless. I don’t think we can be any less impotent in attack than we were on Saturday, but we’ll see. A midfield of Pittman, Robinson and Jacobs would be a start.

Edit: train booked. [emoji5]

The walk from Livi North to the stadium isn’t too bad, a lot better than the same journey from Livi South. Hope you have a good trip, but don’t enjoy the game. :lol:

There's a car park at the ground costs about £4. It's a hassle queuing to get out but does the job.

12 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:
9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

There's a car park at the ground costs about £4. It's a hassle queuing to get out but does the job.

Cheers. Decided on the train. My car is pretty thirsty and I'd rather have a drink or two. Just hoping it's not pishing down when I get there.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, he's scored a couple of hattricks against you. But we'd have to actually supply him with decent balls for him to have a shot at goal, and not just lump high balls up to him all game, which I think we'd prob do if Gallagher is in midfield and Byrne isn't playing.

He was hopeless with us , and JR couldn't wait to get rid of him back to RFC . And it was one hat-trick , and it was when we were in disarray under Alex Rae and had Webster and Watson at the back . We'll see soon enough if he's up to it now !

14 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

I have it on good authority Ryan hardie hates us and will be desperate to put us to the sword.

Funnily enough I feel the same about him, the guy didn't try a leg for us when that clown Rae was at the helm.  I would love to see Baird or Davis go right through him. 

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Edit: train booked. ^_^

I did the same(looking at how to get there from Livingston south) until somebody pointed out Livingston north is easier. Google maps:angry::guns

I'm not sure I'd say Hardie 'didn't try a leg', I always thought he was a bit of  a headless chicken with us. Both him and Shankland could be decent Championship players but their confidence must have been shot to bits after our first half of the season.

Ross was right to move both on, but that doesn't mean they're not good enough for this league.  Hardie is quite pacey and has a decent strike, I reckon Baird and Davis should have enough to stop him playing a blinder though.

48 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I'm not sure I'd say Hardie 'didn't try a leg', I always thought he was a bit of  a headless chicken with us. Both him and Shankland could be decent Championship players but their confidence must have been shot to bits after our first half of the season.

Ross was right to move both on, but that doesn't mean they're not good enough for this league.  Hardie is quite pacey and has a decent strike, I reckon Baird and Davis should have enough to stop him playing a blinder though.

I would agree with you that he was a headless chicken. But he also gave the impression that he was not interested, of course that might well have been due to how poor we were under Rae's stewardship and the completely inept and unbalanced squad that Rae assembled.  It's frightening to think how poor we were back then. 

10 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I would agree with you that he was a headless chicken. But he also gave the impression that he was not interested, of course that might well have been due to how poor we were under Rae's stewardship and the completely inept and unbalanced squad that Rae assembled.  It's frightening to think how poor we were back then. 

Yeah we were absolutely murder. It's actually quite amusing looking back, really since our league cup win we've stumbled from one laughable stage to another. Until now. 

There was an Ian Murray interview where he was saying that there was just a rotten atmosphere around the whole club when he was there. I could believe it, because it showed on the park. Must have been tough for a young player like Hardie coming into that. The poor guy was 19 and, along with other players in the team, was taking absolute pelters every week from the crowd. 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

He was hopeless with us , and JR couldn't wait to get rid of him back to RFC . And it was one hat-trick , and it was when we were in disarray under Alex Rae and had Webster and Watson at the back . We'll see soon enough if he's up to it now !

I'm sure I saw 2 hattricks against you, one in some highlights for Raith Rovers and on his twitter for Sevco  in a Development game, Buchanan got mugged by him for one of the goals too and now plays for us so at least that can't happen again against you.

Archived