Can't attach jpg files to post using app

Swarley

Question

Hello

Long time user, first time complainer

Trying to attach an image to a post but it refuses. Says something about the community not supporting attachment with this type of file! It's a jpg and I'm using the Android app.

Was there ever a solution to this? I'm still getting "The community does not support this file type" when trying to upload pics or gifs.

The app is fucking gash.
It works (sometimes) if you select attachment rather than image. It definitely never works (at least for me) if your image is a. png

Is this linked to the size of file you can now post?  My hilarious and must I add, undoubtedly through traffic producing (and ad revenue creating) gif japery has now been severly curtailed as it says I can only post 10kb at a fucking time.  10 (ten) kb (kilobytes).

This is on PC and Mobile site on iOS.

<insert seething gif here because I fucking cant>

19 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is this linked to the size of file you can now post?  My hilarious and must I add, undoubtedly through traffic producing (and ad revenue creating) gif japery has now been severly curtailed as it says I can only post 10kb at a fucking time.  10 (ten) kb (kilobytes).

This is on PC and Mobile site on iOS.

<insert seething gif here because I fucking cant>

Nothing has changed in terms of attachment limits?

I can see the problem.

Each user has  a quota of space they can use, which is set to 500Mb per member.

Every time you upload an attachment this eats in to your allowance.

You're the first user to ever hit their space limit :lol:

I've upped the allowance.

I can post photos I've just taken, but can't upload pictures from my gallery. Get the 'community does not support files of this type. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the app on a Sony Xperia XZ1 compact using' pie'.

Presumably you uninstalled and reinstalled the app? That worked for me. Heidi-Klum-Tom-Kaulitz.jpeg.850c4440822618c8b22a845a19602f0c.jpeg
Funnily enough that picture loaded. When I reinstalled it last time it started working again so I'll give that a go if it keeps playing up.