Next Season

San Starko Rover

Spoiler

Somebody from Banks Of Dee in the paper last week saying they would not be interested in joining the HFL just now. The reason was they wanted to continue to develop the clubs infrastructure  & various things & joining the HFL would mean having to invest in possibly players & travel etc. The league would probably be ok with an odd number & there is still a big question mark over Fort Williams continued participation 

I expect the HFL would stick with 17 teams for at least a season. We wouldn't know until May whether HFL champions were to be promoted to League 2 which doesn't leave long for the HFL or any potential applicants to get themselves sorted for the 2018/9 season.

On 05/02/2018 at 10:48, peternapper said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Somebody from Banks Of Dee in the paper last week saying they would not be interested in joining the HFL just now. The reason was they wanted to continue to develop the clubs infrastructure  & various things & joining the HFL would mean having to invest in possibly players & travel etc. The league would probably be ok with an odd number & there is still a big question mark over Fort Williams continued participation 

I think he was talking shite and they'd happily join the HL, just justifiably pissed off they weren't invited in years ago. Only problem they might have is I've heard their plastic pitch is falling apart. Can't off hand think of any other teams ready to step up. I think the HL would do fine with a 16/17 team league, midweek games must be big loss makers anyway.

On 07/02/2018 at 02:44, Highland Capital said:

I remember Halkirk (United?) expressed an interest in joining the league a couple of years ago and recently built a new ground. I wonder if they’d enter?

On 07/02/2018 at 12:56, Jimmy Shaker said:

Christ no, not another team from the grim north. Wick are barely holding it together this season, and they act as a select side for the area. Thinning out the talent pool wouldn't do either any favours. 

We'd be ok with 16/17. 

I'd sooner have another away day in the North than yet another trek to the Shire.

• 1 month later...

The standard of football this time from the odd Clach game I go to is dreadful. Can't image anyone moving in to replace the champions being anything other than fodder.

On 11/03/2018 at 20:44, Comrie said:

The standard of football this time from the odd Clach game I go to is dreadful. Can't image anyone moving in to replace the champions being anything other than fodder.

Banks o'Dee would probably end up in the top third of the table.

Archived