Scheme team

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Opportunity is he is heading back to adrossan winton.  And leaving onthank midway through season can't believe he turned down money from hur£ford thist£le to commit to onthank and then leaving them in to be quite honest as big a state as they was before if not worse. Personally I think he was ambitious and gave it a go but bailed out when the going got tough.

2 hours ago, THECHOPPER said:

Yes. He had a good opportunity that no-one can blame him for taking. We wish him all the best and thank him for all he done for us

Wouldn’t surprise me if your fishing for bites with this post and your getting a few of them. Caddis likely still there. I’ll believe it when it comes from the horses mouth. Oh ryan where are you????

To be honest I don’t think I need to explain my decision but needs must. I know in Ayrshire A LOT of people have an opinion of me which is fair enough I have thick enough skin to take the criticism. Onthank are my local club. I went in to help John who is a top top block and the work he has put in behind the scenes is unbelievable. I came in on a football side of things ( take training, warm ups, prepare team best I could for sat along with John). It got to a stage where I was spending an hour before training preparing a session and then turning up and there was 5/6 players there. And it was pretty much the same 5/6 every week. I tried my hardest to step things up and make the training as professional and as intense as I could within the area we had to work in. There are some boys in the squad who can offer a lot more to the game and I wish them all the best. To say I am jumping a sinking ship is a bit premature because there is still 14/15 league games to be played. I loved the coaching side of it and I would like to think if you spoke to any of the boys I have coached they would say they enjoyed it or I would like to think they did. Football is football and people move on. Onthank will move on and I hope they get stronger. And to put some things to bed I haven’t signed with anyone yet. This is again an opinionated football forum and no doubt I will be shot down in flames. I wish all the best to everyone involved in the game because I know now being involved how hard it is.

9 minutes ago, cadlad said:

To be honest I don’t think I need to explain my decision but needs must. I know in Ayrshire A LOT of people have an opinion of me which is fair enough I have thick enough skin to take the criticism. Onthank are my local club. I went in to help John who is a top top block and the work he has put in behind the scenes is unbelievable. I came in on a football side of things ( take training, warm ups, prepare team best I could for sat along with John). It got to a stage where I was spending an hour before training preparing a session and then turning up and there was 5/6 players there. And it was pretty much the same 5/6 every week. I tried my hardest to step things up and make the training as professional and as intense as I could within the area we had to work in. There are some boys in the squad who can offer a lot more to the game and I wish them all the best. To say I am jumping a sinking ship is a bit premature because there is still 14/15 league games to be played. I loved the coaching side of it and I would like to think if you spoke to any of the boys I have coached they would say they enjoyed it or I would like to think they did. Football is football and people move on. Onthank will move on and I hope they get stronger. And to put some things to bed I haven’t signed with anyone yet. This is again an opinionated football forum and no doubt I will be shot down in flames. I wish all the best to everyone involved in the game because I know now being involved how hard it is.

No one said "sinking ship"  , are they sinking then? , hahaha , you interested in playing wae ma five a side team, haha .  

15 hours ago, cadlad said:

Is it true your signing with winton tonight ? Also I believe you have left onthank in a worse state than they were before you joined and also believe the recent results (defeats) is the reason you have left. Why didn't people turn up to training was it because it was to hard or was it because they didn't want to play with you? A read in previous post from you that you would see season out and hopefully climb the league and push forward. Best of luck wherever you go though.

You would need to ask the boys if they didn’t like playing with me or the training was too hard. I haven’t liked everyone I have played with in the past but you just get on with it. As for training being to hard a don’t think it was again tho would need to ask the boys.

40 minutes ago, cadlad said:

You would need to ask the boys if they didn’t like playing with me or the training was too hard. I haven’t liked everyone I have played with in the past but you just get on with it. As for training being to hard a don’t think it was again tho would need to ask the boys.

Are you signing with winton?

I think the abuse that this lad takes on this forum is absolutely ridiculous and so unwarranted.  He was a smashing footballer and now that he is at the end of his career he's tried to put his experience to good use. The players have clearly not bought into if for whatever reason, probably because they weren't good enough for the lads standard or because like most amateur footballers these days they just don't want too train. Think the treatment he is getting for trying too do something positive is terrible 

I don’t understand the abuse Ryan gets either CFC BHOY. He tried his best at Onthank believe me but for some reason some boys didn’t buy into the training. We were flying at the start of the season and had 16-20 at training every week then all of a sudden it dropped to 5 and 6 boys every week. The bad results followed. Teams can’t win anything with only 5 lads training. Also Ryan and John both spent time on the Friday selecting a team for the game on a sat then turning up to 3,4,5,6 of these boys not turning up. The results have nothing to do with the standard of training as it was first class, intense but also enjoyable not just running around a pitch for an hour. I for one think the guy deserves far more respect than people give him for what he’s done in the game. That’s just my opinion.

It’s also key for me to point out that when Onthank got off to a good start Ryan was very quick to keep expectations down and wasn’t shouting from the rooftops about how great he/his team was.

Seemed very respectful and reasonable based on what we read on here and I’m sure everyone who has ran (or played for) an amateur team when people don’t want to turn up will have sympathy for the situation.

Speaking as an outsider, it seems Ryan has only tried to help out his local team and a mate and it hasn't worked out.

No shame in accepting this and looking for something else.

As Dindy said, he has always conducted himself very well on this forum and deserves a break.

All the best in whatever you do Ryan.

Training won’t improve that’s a certainty. How do u know he’s looked down his nose at the boys ? You know how he conducted himself aye ? I’ve never once had that problem with Ryan. He done nothing but try and help the boys at Onthank. I think you’ve just got a personal problem with the guy and yer spouting yer negative shite on this post for all to see. Probably jealous of what the guy has done in the game

Archived