The Modern Day European Cup

jamamafegan

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

People have been moaning for as long as footballs been about, where have you been?

So what's the problem then?  That's life, you don't moan the same golfers in with a chance of winning the masters every year or every time you order Chinese they have the same types of dish to choose from.  Some people are just wanks I think is the problem and love fkn moaning.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the problem then?  That's life, you don't moan the same golfers in with a chance of winning the masters every year or every time you order Chinese they have the same types of dish to choose from.  Some people are just wanks I think is the problem and love fkn moaning.

Similar but different , what man city or bayern munich do would be like a golfer buying up every set of clubs on the market, sticking them up the loft where no one else can get them and forcing his opposition to go down sports direct and get the cheap & nasty ones

4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Similar but different , what man city or bayern munich do would be like a golfer buying up every set of clubs on the market, sticking them up the loft where no one else can get them and forcing his opposition to go down sports direct and get the cheap & nasty ones

Not really they can only have 25 and can't have 25 top ones as top players won't sit on the bench

5 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Lol.  Yeah I'm not looking forward to real Madrid juvebtus at all.  Coming from someone who would actually pay to watch Dundee utd.  The cl is fkn brilliant to watch, people who moan about it aren't football fans.

This is true actually. I'm a Dundee United fan which is why I follow Dundee United.

On the whole football is a shit boring sport to watch without a dog in the fight and much less exciting than, say, ice hockey.

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

This is true actually. I'm a Dundee United fan which is why I follow Dundee United.

On the whole football is a shit boring sport to watch without a dog in the fight and much less exciting than, say, ice hockey.

See that's what I mean, you're not actually a football fan.  IMO football is by far the best sport to watch, nothing else comes remotely close, because of the aesthetic beauty of it.  You should try la Liga, easily the best league in the world to watch.

The Champions League is indeed being turned into a show pony tournament. The teams involved are about 2 or 3 seasons from losing all semblance of identity. For me the last thing that needs to become normal for that is for the big teams to not think twice about selling players straight to their rivals. It's happening already in Europe and it's beginning to happen more in the EPL.

It has happened back and forward over the years, but for me, Neymar opened the floodgates. 

Just teams of "superstars" playing for franchises in different locations. It now doesn't matter if it's Bayern, Real, Barca, City, United, PSG you are watching, it's all basically the same product. Some are ok with that, for me it's just all a bit boring. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The Champions League is indeed being turned into a show pony tournament. The teams involved are about 2 or 3 seasons from losing all semblance of identity. For me the last thing that needs to become normal for that is for the big teams to not think twice about selling players straight to their rivals. It's happening already in Europe and it's beginning to happen more in the EPL.

It has happened back and forward over the years, but for me, Neymar opened the floodgates. 

Just teams of "superstars" playing for franchises in different locations. It now doesn't matter if it's Bayern, Real, Barca, City, United, PSG you are watching, it's all basically the same product. Some are ok with that, for me it's just all a bit boring. 

Sounds like the Scottish Championship, without the 1 year deals. 

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Sounds like the Scottish Championship, without the 1 year deals. 

That's got to be the only time that comparison will ever get made!  I actualy don't mind it I just wish there was less of a gulf between the super monster teams and the rest , 4 & 5 nil pumping are great if its against a great team, if its against a pish team it takes the shine of it I think.   

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

That's got to be the only time that comparison will ever get made!  I actualy don't mind it I just wish there was less of a gulf between the super monster teams and the rest , 4 & 5 nil pumping are great if its against a great team, if its against a pish team it takes the shine of it I think.   

I'm still not seeing the difference between that and every league in the world

Archived