Torpar

Always good to beat Wigan, although it feels like we are about to enter a period of domination for them.  Dave Woods is a good capture for Sky.  However, some disappointment because I liked his BBC Sounds Podcast stuff.  Will have to see if he will be doing similar for Sky.

Daly Cherry-Evans played a record breaking 310th game for Manly yesterday, one more than previous record holder Cliff Lyons. To celebrate he scored the Sea Eagles’ third try, converted all five tries plus a penalty. Sea Eagles defeated reigning premiers the Panthers 32-18. 

7 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Daly Cherry-Evans played a record breaking 310th game for Manly yesterday, one more than previous record holder Cliff Lyons. To celebrate he scored the Sea Eagles’ third try, converted all five tries plus a penalty. Sea Eagles defeated reigning premiers the Panthers 32-18. 

Was a terrific performance and win. 

Roosters and Rabbits continue to be utter shite. You look at the players they have and have to w wonder why? 

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Was a terrific performance and win. 

Roosters and Rabbits continue to be utter shite. You look at the players they have and have to w wonder why? 

It will be interesting to see how the Rabbitohs go without Latrell Mitchell as looks as though he’ll get a minimum 3 week ban for elbowing Shaun Johnson. It actually might be the best thing for them as he’s too indisciplined at times.

15 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Catalan seem to have worryingly got the measure of Saints.

Don't watch much rugby league these days, but enjoyed last night's game. Thought Saints made a lot of sloppy errors. 

Good Challenge Cup tie.  I think  most folk would have enjoyed that, if they just tuned-in as it's free-to-air.  Hull KR fans amused me with the constant calls for a forward pass.  Their team certainly upped their game in the second half.  I like John Kear on the commentary because he always seems to be enjoying the game.  Plus, Sharon Shortle actually knows the sport she is commentating on, which is not always the case with other sports coverage.

Didn't see that result coming.  Well played Warrington.  I think the commentators (nice to see Ray French in the crowd) were expecting a bit of Saints magic to put Wire in their place.  Matt Peat has the coaching experience. Sam Burgess has played in the NRL and is joining a team who are looking upwards. Tough ask at Saints this season, I feel.