Torpar

Another chastening experience for the Broncos - 35-6 hiding from the Rabbitohs. Absolute bunch of wet paper towels. Would take Josh McGuire - or anyone with any balls - back in a heartbeat.

Still, at least Benji Marshall sparkled. What I wouldn't give...

42 minutes ago, raith_94 said:

Something wonderfully Newcastle (United) about Wests Tigers.

Great game to watch. The way come back from 6-28:down at half time to score 3 tries in 6 mins and almost 4 in 8 but for interference then the Cowboys go up the other end and what could have been a 4 or even 2 point margin suddenly becomes 12 for the Cowboys. Perhaps the WTs should have changed kickers as Douehi only managed 3 from 6. Six tries apiece though and Cowboys first win of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff on the Gold Coast as a David Fifita first half hat-trick has the Titans 24-10 ahead if the Mitchell-less Rabbitohs.

ETA 40-30 in the end for South.

Edited by Eednud

• 2 weeks later...

NRL Magic Round at Suncorp this weekend, Tigers lead 24-4 against the Knights at HT. Other game tonight is Manly as home side v Broncos and hoping for Turbo Tom to add to the Broncos whoas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

State of Origin Game 1 in Townsville tonight, kick-off 20:10 AEST (11:10 BST). This is the northernmost venue for an official State of Origin game although a game was played in Long Beach, California after the 1987 series. 25C in Townsville today although could be mid teens by kick-off. NSW favourites but you never never know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2021 at 21:25, Rossi1990 said:

Has anyone got tickets for the World Cup coming up in October/November. I’m going to all Scotland’s group games and also the final at Old Trafford 

Yeah, I've got tickets for the final, and other various games around the NW. Got a QF ticket for Anfield (which given the groups is an almost certainty to be England Vs one of the Pacific island nations so that should be decent), can't remember exactly who else I'm seeing now but it's games at St Helens, Leigh and Warrington I'm going to I think. (Aussies Vs Italy rings a bell, and an all Pacific Islands clash is one of them, think the Leigh game is Ireland Vs somebody).

Would have been good to see Scotland playing in the RL heartland areas but I think all our games are in Newcastle and Coventry if I remember correctly.

Edited by Christophe

Has anyone got tickets for the World Cup coming up in October/November. I’m going to all Scotland’s group games and also the final at Old Trafford 

Going to Scotland's first game against Italy, then a wee jaunt through Doncaster, Leigh and St Helens taking in some of the less glamorous but hopefully still decent first round games. Followed by the semi in Leeds - which if I remember rightly, should in theory be Aus-NZ - and the final.

Seems it's in doubt as to whether it takes place this year, due to travel issues. We should know soon.