Torpar

Bitter bitter seething Northerns everywhere as Toronto Wolfpack win the Championship Grand Final  24-6 against Featherstone and will play in Super League next season
I think most of the seethe has been about Brian Noble's unhelpful comments about "small Northern villages" and how Super League should be about London, Barcelona, Paris etc (of course 2 of those cities have had Super League clubs and while the Broncos/Harlequins RL did well in spells, PSG was a bit of a disaster).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest JTS98

NRL 2020 started tonight. Bit of a whimper, to be honest.

Eels gubbed the Bulldogs in a pretty tepid affair. Two shite teams.

Anybody else watch the NRL. Fitba is shite anyway.

NRL is decent, good quality rugby league and the players are all raging madmen who love the 'grog' 

Toronto Wolfpack beat Hudderfield in the Challenge Cup last night, still winless in Super League though. 

Pleased to see the NRL back , really enjoy listening to matches on 2GB  radio on a Saturday and Sunday morning, the commentary style is certainly a bit different to what we get up here . It's a  bit struggle at times to find time to watch that and the super rugby matches  and Pro 14 as well but I see the that the Pro1 4 has been suspended , and I guess NRl and rather super rugby might follow suit .Pundits tipping the Roosters to win back to back titles and I'd say they'll be the team to beat again. 

Cowboys christen their new stadium tonight with a Queensland derby against the Broncos. Could be a cracker. Raiders 12-0 up against the Titans with about 10 minutes of the first half left. Should be an easy victory. These games might be the last for a while as the NRL are going to reassess things tomorrow morning.

On 13/03/2020 at 07:35, Eednud said:

Cowboys christen their new stadium tonight with a Queensland derby against the Broncos. Could be a cracker. Raiders 12-0 up against the Titans with about 10 minutes of the first half left. Should be an easy victory. These games might be the last for a while as the NRL are going to reassess things tomorrow morning.

from what i have seen reported the NRL will continue for now but with the Warriors playing all their games in Australia(not sure if swapping their home and away games the now or them calling a ground in Australia their home)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Torpar said:

I think a big reason in trying to get the NRL played is if they don't bring the money in the league is fucked. 

I think a big reason in trying to get the NRL played is if they don't bring the money in the league is fucked. 

The Nine Network want out of their side of the TV contract and according to this weren’t going to pay a quarterly payment due this month. Imagine Foxtel will also delay payments.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-channel-9-wants-contract-with-rugby-league-torn-up/news-story/1a4a22e101204a84606fec03c4cf8597

NRL boss Peter V'Landys  was interviewed on 2GB radio's  continuous shorw team show saying they'd like to have the league up and running by June/ July , one thought is that all teams could be isolated in one single location