Orange Order "Charm Offensive"

Jason King

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, whereismillar said:

90 + % of orange order members and hangers on have no interest in religion / Christianity, their involvement mainly stems from upbringing and the team they support

This is lazy posting.  I'm a little out of touch since I stopped being a member of the Loyal Orange Institution in 1981.  However, many Orangemen that I know/knew were good Kirk members and regular attenders with a fair few being Kirk elders.  Motherwell in the 70s/early 80s had two ministers in loyal orders.

The link to football teams is also cheap.  Again, I'm a little out of date but me and another bloke were the only members of our lodge who regularly went to Ibrox.  A few went to Fir Park and one or two went to Douglas Park or Broomfield.

Let's not get anecdotal evidence in the way of cheap invective, though.

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

kinky.gif

Old pic, mate.  I have less hair now and got rid of the tash.

I'd watch that - it'd be interesting to know what their plans are - is embracing the Catholic community part of it?
Reminds me of a documentary about the Klan that was on the telly about twenty years ago. Some chapter had thrown away all the discrimination stuff and just seemed to like an excuse to light up a big cross and have a barbeque. They spoke extensively to the Grand Wizard (or whatever) and he expressed surprise that only one black guy had joined up to the new touchy-feely New Klux Klan they had going  :lol:

What do you want to know Big Dave?[emoji846]

That the 12th attracts more and more overseas visitors to the enjoy the carnival atmosphere of Belfast and the District walks every year perhaps?
That unprecedented numbers of Scottish flute bands travel over the water during the marching season (not only for the 12th) due to the demand of individual Lodges wishing to host them in recent years?

You lads just don’t know what you’re missing. A cracking family day out, a celebration full of colour, cultural vibrancy, fun & spirit.

Please just send me a PM if any P&B’ers would like a full calendar of events for 2018, it’s no bother.

Cheers

Rab

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

You lads just don’t know what you’re missing. A cracking family day out, a celebration full of colour, cultural vibrancy, fun & spirit.

Let's not forget the historical context, young Rab.

Modern Scotland punched far above its weight in the world by dint of the Protestant reformation, the Williamite Revolution and the terrific 1707 Act of Union.  This propelled Scotland to leading the empire in ideals, technology, science and administration.

So when we celebrate 'The 12th' we're celebrating the establishment of parliamentary democracy and also the enormous contribution Protestant Scotland gave to the world.

Let's not forget the historical context, young Rab.
Modern Scotland punched far above its weight in the world by dint of the Protestant reformation, the Williamite Revolution and the terrific 1707 Act of Union.  This propelled Scotland to leading the empire in ideals, technology, science and administration.
So when we celebrate 'The 12th' we're celebrating the establishment of parliamentary democracy but also the enormous contribution Protestant Scotland gave to the world.

It’s a long time since I’ve been called Young Rab Kinc, but I’ll take it![emoji23]
Agree with every word my friend, let’s also not forget the truly remarkable feat of the ABOD, that changed the modern world and its history as we know it?[emoji6]

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It’s a long time since I’ve been called Young Rab Kinc, but I’ll take it!emoji23.png
Agree with every word my friend, let’s also not forget the truly remarkable feat of the ABOD, that changed the modern world and its history as we know it?emoji6.png

I recall hearing about this.  If only we had an appropriate song to commemorate it...

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

"derail"?  Talk me through this, little Boaby.

No need to point out the obvious, this was going to be an Orange bashing thread until the ***s assembled and came out with beauties like

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

me and another bloke were the only members of our lodge who regularly went to Ibrox. 

and this corker

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

enjoy the carnival atmosphere of Belfast

Have you ever been over Bob? Do you have your own experience of Belfast over the 12th, or do you just swallow the usual shite that’s posted on here and then pass it over as your own thoughts?
My apologies if you have, but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is lazy posting.  I'm a little out of touch since I stopped being a member of the Loyal Orange Institution in 1981.  However, many Orangemen that I know/knew were good Kirk members and regular attenders with a fair few being Kirk elders.  Motherwell in the 70s/early 80s had two ministers in loyal orders.

The link to football teams is also cheap.  Again, I'm a little out of date but me and another bloke were the only members of our lodge who regularly went to Ibrox.  A few went to Fir Park and one or two went to Douglas Park or Broomfield.

Let's not get anecdotal evidence in the way of cheap invective, though.

Old pic, mate.  I have less hair now and got rid of the tash.

being a "good kirk member" does not make you a follower of christ or a good christian , and i have never seen  and probably will never see any one following a march wearing anything other than a gers top , it is not cheap invective it is the reality of the image of the Orange Order in scotland, oh and by the way my grandmother was a grand matron of the lodge and many of my uncle's members . i have seen it from the inside , you need to grasp the fact that the orange order has a terrible reputation and deservedly so.

Archived