Speed guns

13 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Does anyone know anything about these? I definitely 100% got done three weeks ago tomorrow, drove past two policemen standing at the side of the road with a speed gun significantly over the limit.  But still not heard anything about it.  How long does that take? 

If they were at the side of the road holding a speed gun they'd have stopped you there and then, would they not?

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Does anyone know anything about these? I definitely 100% got done three weeks ago tomorrow, drove past two policemen standing at the side of the road with a speed gun significantly over the limit.  But still not heard anything about it.  How long does that take? 

If the DVLA have your correct address they should issue a notice within 14 days. Maybe they got a dodgy reading or were pointing the gun at someone else.

28 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Were you in a car?

I was in a car and doing significantly over the 40mph limit maybe 60 or so.  I know that's bad but am not here for lectures.  I just want to know why I haven't heard anything yet and if I'm likely to.  It was the handheld thing, they didn't chase and stop me, do they get your numberplate from that?

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If the DVLA have your correct address they should issue a notice within 14 days. Maybe they got a dodgy reading or were pointing the gun at someone else.

There were cars on both sides of the road lots of traffic.  It's already been 20 days.  My car is registered to this address I think.  Though I did move about four years ago and have had it for like five.  Hmmmmmm

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

There were cars on both sides of the road lots of traffic.  It's already been 20 days.  My car is registered to this address I think.  Though I did move about four years ago and have had it for like five.  Hmmmmmm

I got done after a few months because I'd changed the address on my Driving License but not on my car. If they've got your correct address associated with your plates you're probably ok after 20 days. If not you'll probably get 6 points when they finally catch up with you and a £200 fine.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I was in a car and doing significantly over the 40mph limit maybe 60 or so.  I know that's bad but am not here for lectures.  I just want to know why I haven't heard anything yet and if I'm likely to.  It was the handheld thing, they didn't chase and stop me, do they get your numberplate from that?

Maybe your cars speedometer is in kms per hour?

46 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You haven't heard anything because this didn't happen. 

You’ll be ok, you grassing c**t, polis love people like you, sleep tight (with the fishes).

If police manning a manual speed trap clocked you doing 60mph in a 40 zone then they’d have pulled you over there and then. That’s a shocking speed to be doing in such a zone, given this police procedures are to give you a kicking, stick a police baton up your arse and let the police dogs have a chew on your face, before tying you up and throwing you into a flooded abandoned quarry. When your body is found they’ll tell your relatives that it was death by misadventure and the quarry was a renowned site for local deviants to gather and shove stuff up their arses. Your relatives would be shocked and probably ashamed but then they’d come to terms with it and console themselves that at least you died happy and satisfied.

One of your cousins though doesn’t buy it and starts to poke his nose in, writing to the police and kicking up a stink. Eventually the ring leader of the traffic cops gets his men together and tells them - we’re inthis together. We have to back each other up. We’ve take the ultimate step, and this is no time for half measures. Your cousin disappears that night. Rumours circulate that he was taken to a industrial lock up and had his body dissolved in acid. Some people say he was last seen drinking in a low down dive bar telling anyone who’d listen that he knew the truth about his cousin and he was going to shock everyone. No-one really knows but at the same time, they all know.