I can't believe Tait wasn't sent off. Ref utterly shat out of that one.

Happy enough with a point at an unhappy hunting ground.

I don't think Motherwell will go down despite their horrendous run of form.  As stated elsewhere they might lack much in the way of footballing ability but they work hard for each other even if things get a bit agricultural at times.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I can't believe Tait wasn't sent off. Ref utterly shat out of that one.

Happy enough with a point at an unhappy hunting ground.

I don't think Motherwell will go down despite their horrendous run of form.  As stated elsewhere they might lack much in the way of footballing ability but they work hard for each other even if things get a bit agricultural at times.

giphy.gif

Pretty unsatisfying game today. I thought we were poor generally - the ball spent half the time in the air and it made it a grim watch. Oddly enough, the last 30 mins at Firhill was some of the best football we've played in the last months and so I was disappointed not to see Bigi on today as he was the architect of Thistle almost blowing it from 3-0 up that night.

After the earlier game at Firhill, where some Billy Reid-era Accies timewasting went on - I did predict that if Thistle scored, there were would be plenty of seethe and so it turned out. No finer sight than a referee pointing to their watch for the eighth time in 15 mins. Because 'Well have been pathetically bad at time wasting since I've watched them, I've always had a strange admiration for teams that do it well...

There were some positives - Ciftci getting his goal and putting in a pretty tidy performance for 90 mins is heartening - I thought both Kipre (again) and Dunne (again) were excellent.

Given our recent record against St Johnstone, I would have taken 4/6 points this week -  now we need to do it the hard way.

Fair result in the end. Can see why Muzzy played instead of Penrice, his pace nullified Cadden’s threat and he did well. Enjoyed the all round seethe from both sides throughout the second half. Martin Woods is class.

Pretty shite game all things considered, and probably a fair result. I’d have taken it beforehand considering our criminal record at Fir Park, but I just wish Storey had taken a shot at goal when cutting inside right at the end, rather than trying to squeeze a fancy flick through to Spittal.

To me, Motherwell look like your typical St Johnstone side (and a better team than the current version). Mostly big c***s who win it in the air and push you around, playing percentage football with lots of stuff into the channels. A few very decent footballers mixed in there, though. And of course, we’ve got Cerny and Osman, two of the league’s premier c***s, so we don’t have much of a moral high ground to take these days. But yeah, pretty agricultural game that I’m glad to have got out of without a defeat.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I'm pretty sure I said it after the game at Firhill in December, but Tomas Cerny is on a one man mission to get fitba stopped. I mean, I understand the taking your time at goal kicks/free kicks when you're 1-up, but at 0-0 at 1-1? It's embarrassing. 

Tam is going to batter you. Then he's going to make you admit that you battered yourself to the referee. You are going to be a seething mess on national television, and then Tam is going to remove the mud from his boots using the post for a third time in 2 minutes.

Nous sommes tous Tam.

30 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Ive greenied this picture even though it pains me to see him in another clubs strip :(

Apart from his nice goal - I was most impressed at his turn of pace when he thought he was getting subbed. I wasn't very enthusiastic about signing him, but I've been impressed with his attitude so far...

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

Apart from his nice goal - I was most impressed at his turn of pace when he thought he was getting subbed. I wasn't very enthusiastic about signing him, but I've been impressed with his attitude so far...

That was great.

Not as good as the "Well Bois" after the disallowed goal, though. They were still giving it big licks to the Jags fans for a good 30 seconds without realising the goal had been chopped off.

How can anyone go and watch Patrick every week? The game is supposed to be about entertainment. What is entertaining about a team that time waste from the first minute?  There is a proposal out there that games should be reduced to 60 minutes with the clock stopped when the ball is out of play.  God knows how that lot we saw today would cope with that. We either need a rule change or refs to stop pointing at their watches then take no action and then add on the standard 4 minutes. 

Hopefully it's Hamilton the other great timewasters and Patrick who are bottom by April. 

9 minutes ago, neildrake said:

How can anyone go and watch Patrick every week? The game is supposed to be about entertainment. What is entertaining about a team that time waste from the first minute?  There is a proposal out there that games should be reduced to 60 minutes with the clock stopped when the ball is out of play.  God knows how that lot we saw today would cope with that. We either need a rule change or refs to stop pointing at their watches then take no action and then add on the standard 4 minutes. 

Hopefully it's Hamilton the other great timewasters and Patrick who are bottom by April. 

^^^^^

Quality seethe!!!

8 minutes ago, neildrake said:

Tam Cerny has made a big impact on this one.

Are you entertained by the ball being in the air for 90% of the time?

37 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is that because of this game specifically or do you have previous with him?

He certainly put himself about today and greeting to the ref throughout the match.  Managed to avoid a yellow despite a few snakey challenges and the aforementioned bitching. Basically this is par for the course for Mr Ciftci. 

Dont forget Nadir’s nadir either...

JS64494409.jpg

2354573.main_image.jpg?strip=all

An utter scumbag who really has no place in the game.

1 hour ago, neildrake said:

See in all fairness seasons gone by we have probably been one of the most unstreetwise teams in regards to time wasting etc. I for one find it quite refreshing that we have got to the point that we realise every other team in the leauge are guilty of doing it, why the f**k shouldnt we. Other teams are just jealous at The fact we have the master that is Tam Cerny ..

1 hour ago, neildrake said:

At least you're not upset. What's the time? It's TAM TIME.

302C5C3600000578-0-image-a-81_1452904302

Archived