Forfar v Airdrieunitedonians

Aye, pretty much spot on. Better team won on the day.
McNaughton struggled in the first half and we lost the midfield battle as a result.
Looked better in the se on half with Malone back.

Thought Matty was MOTM for us, though couldn't argue with the keeper getting it.
Shouts of "You're just a shite Rab Douglas" from the Airdrie fans as he pulled off several top quality saves is worth a mention.

Airdrie looked a good unit today, solid at the back, hard working in the middle and dangerous going forward, especially the first half.

Can anyone tell me how sitting on the ball and preventing the other team from kicking it wins you a free kick?
I presume you mean that incident in second half. I think the Ref might have blown for the foul first. He saw some shoves today which puzzled me as well. The rest of your post was very fair. I thought Bain did well today and your back 4 was good. The sight of Kevin McNaughton in midfield was a shock mind you. I think you will not be bottom so all to play for still.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I presume you mean that incident in second half. I think the Ref might have blown for the foul first. He saw some shoves today which puzzled me as well. The rest of your post was very fair. I thought Bain did well today and your back 4 was good. The sight of Kevin McNaughton in midfield was a shock mind you. I think you will not be bottom so all to play for still.
He really ought to have blown the whistle immediately then instead of waiting for another 3 players to wade in.

McNaughton is coaching staff thrown in to cover injuries. He's played a fair few games recently and not been found wanting in most of them. Malone and Millar back now, I would be surprised if we see him again.

One of the worst performances i’ve watched all season.
Airdrie weren’t that great which is why the score was kept at 1-0.
Without McCallum in goal I really fear where we’d be!

The two loaness from County are no better than players we already have.
Midfield completely bypassed today & no goal threat whatsoever.

One of the worst performances i’ve watched all season.
Airdrie weren’t that great which is why the score was kept at 1-0.
Without McCallum in goal I really fear where we’d be!

The two loaness from County are no better than players we already have.
Midfield completely bypassed today & no goal threat whatsoever.

Really! Missed most of the first quarter of the season then.....and the game last week.

38 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Is that a legitimate question?? 

Yes, I believe it was and it got a legitimate answer. You will note that there was another question about why Higgins wasn't in the squad. I believe that was legitimate as well.

Good game, pleasing win. The real highlights were of course:

• McCallum greeting to the referee about timewasting, blissfully unaware that a substitution was taking place.
• Hipster linesman.
• "That guy looks like Neil Lennon"

He really ought to have blown the whistle immediately then instead of waiting for another 3 players to wade in.

McNaughton is coaching staff thrown in to cover injuries. He's played a fair few games recently and not been found wanting in most of them. Malone and Millar back now, I would be surprised if we see him again.

I was at the covered
terrace side so maybe you had better view.

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I was at the covered
terrace side so maybe you had better view.

I did, less than 10 yards from me.

You probably had a better view of the throw in that was clearly an Airdrie ball and the ref gave it to us.

That said, the ref didn't get anything majorly wrong today.

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I thought the Lennon thing was funny but he also resembled PC Beattie from the wonderful Scot Squad

The best thing about the Neil Lennon guy was the fact he looked NOTHING like Neil Lennon.

11 hours ago, waysider said:

Yes, I believe it was and it got a legitimate answer. You will note that there was another question about why Higgins wasn't in the squad. I believe that was legitimate as well.

I get the Higgins question. I actually get why you’d ask about Muir not being on the bench. Why would you ask if he’s “left already” though?

Archived