Forfar v Airdrieunitedonians

Pivotal Sat maybe. Albion at Gayfield and Queens at home to Raith Rovers so potential to drag them further into the mix. 3 wins from 5 with reasonable shows in the festive defeats from Arbroath and Raith. I am beginning to think we can do this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Looking forward to the game. Window closed and we know our squad. Same back 5 as against Albion , Hurst and Aitken up top and Jim can pick Easton plus 3.

We are at home and nothing less than 3 points will do.

Whyte at RB, if fit, and Mackintosh in midfield with Millar joining him there I would think.   Malone and Hilson can't be far away from being fit too.

Biggest game of the season so far for us, I would say.  Win this and it's a 4 way battle at the bottom, lose and it's a 3 way battle.

Whyte at RB, if fit, and Mackintosh in midfield with Millar joining him there I would think.   Malone and Hilson can't be far away from being fit too.
Biggest game of the season so far for us, I would say.  Win this and it's a 4 way battle at the bottom, lose and it's a 3 way battle.

Even a point with Albion Rovers and QP getting nowt tomorrow would be some progress. But defeats for Airdrie Rovers and QP would be a pretty great Sat.

McCallum deserved MotM, some great saves, just a pity about the indecision with the cross that resulted in the goal.

The score line could have been far worse.

Other than that, as Speedframe says, no real threat on the Airdrie goal. Normal service resumed.

Zero goal threat today, not a bad performance and plenty of effort but just wasn't happening.
Cannot dispute the result.
Aye, pretty much spot on. Better team won on the day.
McNaughton struggled in the first half and we lost the midfield battle as a result.
Looked better in the se on half with Malone back.

Thought Matty was MOTM for us, though couldn't argue with the keeper getting it.
Shouts of "You're just a shite Rab Douglas" from the Airdrie fans as he pulled off several top quality saves is worth a mention.

Airdrie looked a good unit today, solid at the back, hard working in the middle and dangerous going forward, especially the first half.

Can anyone tell me how sitting on the ball and preventing the other team from kicking it wins you a free kick?

Well-deserved three points today.  The latter stages of the first half were as good as I've seen us play since we beat Ayr at home, with some really good passing and creation of chances.  The Forfar keeper had several good saves and one excellent one, we hit the bar and had a header cleared off the line.  Had we taken any one of those chances it certainly would have been more comfortable  at the end, but Forfar really didn't have a lot to offer up front. 

Archived