Club Licence

13 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

My point being that the current set up cultivates a system where small clubs, with basic facilities and little drawing power, are placed above clubs that are huge in comparison. Criteria customised and lowered to suite, enabling the system to have clubs who are licenced  therefore fulfilling an obligation to  pyramid, except it's not a pyramid. But those like you who support it won't concede this despite the evidence presented. Your refusal to accept my point makes my point! 

Maybe you forget that Talbot are not in the pyramid but are free to join it if they want to and get a licence for your 5 star stadium. That sort of undermines anything you’ve prattled on about whilst flinging shite at Burntisland. They are in the pyramid with a perfectly acceptable ground and until such times as junior clubs join in - and the bar is set low according to you so it should be pretty easy - then they are at the correct level and have more direct influence in Scottish fitba than your lot.

Join the South of Scotland League for one season and a licence and promotion will be yours then you can look down your nose at Burntisland and fling shite from above instead of below. Until then you have no right to have a go at anyone else, it makes you look like the greeting faced bairn who didn’t get what they wanted from Santa.

35 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Maybe you forget that Talbot are not in the pyramid but are free to join it if they want to and get a licence for your 5 star stadium. That sort of undermines anything you’ve prattled on about whilst flinging shite at Burntisland. They are in the pyramid with a perfectly acceptable ground and until such times as junior clubs join in - and the bar is set low according to you so it should be pretty easy - then they are at the correct level and have more direct influence in Scottish fitba than your lot.

Join the South of Scotland League for one season and a licence and promotion will be yours then you can look down your nose at Burntisland and fling shite from above instead of below. Until then you have no right to have a go at anyone else, it makes you look like the greeting faced bairn who didn’t get what they wanted from Santa.

What you propose for my club is not an option, and for any big Junior club from the west IMHO. You take great umbrage by proxy on behalf of Burtisland and Dalkieth but continually refuse to concede my point and the fact that those clubs are, and never were, my target. Dalkieth are not a big Junior club, Burntisland's ground is basic and they are not a big club. Stating that and why having a closed shop happy to accommodate small clubs is not good for a pyramid and is definitely not flinging shite. I have every right to voice my opinion, to suggest that because Talbot, who I support but don't run, are not in the pyramid and therefore I have no say is a nonsense. Talbot are not in it because of what I am pointing out, joining something so substandard in order to have a say is like jumping in a fire to see if you get burnt. We live in a democracy, I can have my say, you can disagree.

Your defensiveness is making you blind and condescending, not a good recipe if you don't mind me saying!

But one day you will see the light.:)

What you propose for my club is not an option, and for any big Junior club from the west IMHO. You take great umbrage by proxy on behalf of Burtisland and Dalkieth but continually refuse to concede my point and the fact that those clubs are, and never were, my target. Dalkieth are not a big Junior club, Burntisland's ground is basic and they are not a big club. Stating that and why having a closed shop happy to accommodate small clubs is not good for a pyramid and is definitely not flinging shite. I have every right to voice my opinion, to suggest that because Talbot, who I support but don't run, are not in the pyramid and therefore I have no say is a nonsense. Talbot are not in it because of what I am pointing out, joining something so substandard in order to have a say is like jumping in a fire to see if you get burnt. We live in a democracy, I can have my say, you can disagree.
Your defensiveness is making you blind and condescending, not a good recipe if you don't mind me saying!

But one day you will see the light.[emoji4]

It’s not a closed shop though?

19 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

But one day you will see the light.:)

The pyramid is not a closed shop its open to every single club.

You're belittling a hard working wee club and fling shite at them.  You greet about the pyramid being substandard but cant see that you'd be in the Lowland League within a season of leaving the Juniors.

Not defensive or condescending just calling you out. Change doesn't happen by sitting back and waiting for someone to hand it to you.

3 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

The pyramid is not a closed shop its open to every single club.

You're belittling a hard working wee club and fling shite at them.  You greet about the pyramid being substandard but cant see that you'd be in the Lowland League within a season of leaving the Juniors.

Not defensive or condescending just calling you out. Change doesn't happen by sitting back and waiting for someone to hand it to you.

Tell me how Junior clubs in the North can get in? 

Juniors in the north? What's on offer in the west is a closed shop in all but name.

It's not, as has been said numerous times, the SFA are not going to set up a wos league until they have expression of interest from enough club's to set one up. The sos league for a season should be a minor inconvenience to get to the LL, then who knows how far Talbot could go

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

It's not, as has been said numerous times, the SFA are not going to set up a wos league until they have expression of interest from enough club's to set one up. The sos league for a season should be a minor inconvenience to get to the LL, then who knows how far Talbot could go

OK, let's concede there is technically a way to get into the pyramid in the west, let's ignore the fact that top junior clubs in that area consider both moving to the SOS and yes the LL as regressive, let's all agree with the pro pyrimiders and kid on its great, WHAT ABOUT THE NORTH?

8 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

OK, let's concede there is technically a way to get into the pyramid in the west, let's ignore the fact that top junior clubs in that area consider both moving to the SOS and yes the LL as regressive, let's all agree with the pro pyrimiders and kid on its great, WHAT ABOUT THE NORTH?

Just CREATE A NORTH OF SCOTLAND LEAGUE that feeds into the HL...?

Then you've got: EoS, SoS, WoS and NoS.

But the lack of a NoS for now shouldnt stop Talbot from helping to form the West League and applying for a license.

Edited by Che Dail

As far as I am aware there is no clamour from teams in the north to get access to HL. Again if there was either give a entry to NCL champ and expand the area NCL covers.

54 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Just CREATE A NORTH OF SCOTLAND LEAGUE that feeds into the HL...?

Then you've got: EoS, SoS, WoS and NoS.

But the lack of a NoS for now shouldnt stop Talbot from helping to form the West League and applying for a license.

48 minutes ago, honestly united said:

As far as I am aware there is no clamour from teams in the north to get access to HL. Again if there was either give a entry to NCL champ and expand the area NCL covers.

This isn't incorrect but ... it really does highlight just how badly the pyramid is structured that you'd have one feeder to the Highland League where the standard plummets quickly whilst you'd be advocating 3 feeder leagues in the south where the standard would be up with the the top half of the Highland and Lowland leagues themselves and going pretty deep too. 

I take a lot of issue with what Isa  says but he's not wrong on one thing - creating a geographical 2 tier system in Scotland is absolutely fucking nuts if you're ever serious about an all embracing pyramid. 

Someone really has to address this. And now that Reagan has gone, hopefully someone will. 

Edited by HTG

32 minutes ago, HTG said:

This isn't incorrect but ... it really does highlight just how badly the pyramid is structured that you'd have one feeder to the Highland League where the standard plummets quickly whilst you'd be advocating 3 feeder leagues in the south where the standard would be up with the the top half of the Highland and Lowland leagues themselves and going pretty deep too. 

I take a lot of issue with what Isa  says but he's not wrong on one thing - creating a geographical 2 tier system in Scotland is absolutely fucking nuts if you're ever serious about an all embracing pyramid. 

Someone really has to address this. And now that Reagan has gone, hopefully someone will. 

I agree but if it is to be all embracing then all clubs should be in - in my opinion we should have max 2 (or 3) national pro leagues then regional below that. 

If all clubs are involved then the structure can be adjusted to suit.

To me, fixtures like Peterhead v Berwick midweek are ludicrous -  so is the fact they play each other 4 times a season.

Edited by Che Dail

29 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

I agree but if it is to be all embracing then all clubs should be in - in my opinion we should have max 2 (or 3) national pro leagues then regional below that. 

If all clubs are involved then the structure can be adjusted to suit.

To me, fixtures like Peterhead v Berwick midweek are ludicrous -  so is the fact they play each other 4 times a season.

Aye fair enough but this is being left to one club at a time.  Get them all in and if they don't like it they can f**k off. It's not as if that would cause massive change. 

Izzy you really are wrong about the north. Any team can apply to join the highland league from its area. Same as the eos league. Banks of dee are just not interested before you try them as an argument.

This. The BoD chairman has come out saying they've no interest in joining the HFL. No other NRJFA sides are interested. The HFL has a contingency plan to split if there's more than 20 teams. Golspie are the only other licenced team, the chances of them ever wishing to join the HFL are slim to negligible.

Yes, the Highland/Lowland split is inequitable, but it is a chicken and egg situation - there's not the number of licenced teams in the Lowland region at the moment. Realistically, there should be four regional divisions for an equal split by population anyway.

25 minutes ago, HTG said:

Aye fair enough but this is being left to one club at a time.  Get them all in and if they don't like it they can f**k off. It's not as if that would cause massive change. 

Thing is if they'd have done that at the start it either would have worked or could have been chaos. Whatever they did not everyone would be happy.

It has taken a few seasons but the Lowland League is now well established and it's time to expand the feeder leagues, starting with the WoS. 

To me the SFA should take the lead - the point has been made previously that they're afraid to step on the toes of the SJFA and member clubs and I think this is right but maybe they should appoint somebody now to just get on with it - it's not such a political 'hot potato' as it would have been 5 years ago, people are coming round to it.

Edited by Che Dail

14 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

This. The BoD chairman has come out saying they've no interest in joining the HFL. No other NRJFA sides are interested. The HFL has a contingency plan to split if there's more than 20 teams. Golspie are the only other licenced team, the chances of them ever wishing to join the HFL are slim to negligible.

Yes, the Highland/Lowland split is inequitable, but it is a chicken and egg situation - there's not the number of licenced teams in the Lowland region at the moment. Realistically, there should be four regional divisions for an equal split by population anyway.

It's not about licenced teams at this stage though. Just get the leagues linked up and when they're licenced they will qualify to climb through them.  It's not caused LTHV any problems to be part of the pyramid as an unlicensed club and as winners of the EoS league they qualify for the Scottish Cup. 

It's not about licenced teams at this stage though. Just get the leagues linked up and when they're licenced they will qualify to climb through them.  It's not caused LTHV any problems to be part of the pyramid as an unlicensed club and as winners of the EoS league they qualify for the Scottish Cup. 

I agree there should be a North feeder, however there simply aren't the interested clubs at the moment, it's a similar situation to the West: until clubs come out for it, the status quo will prevail.